What should I do when visiting Brown?

hi! i’m touring brown tomorrow and i’m planning on doing the whole general college visit thing but i was wondering if anyone had suggestions of brown-specific things to see since i’ll be around campus pretty much the whole day. thanks!

We did the tour and info session, then hung out on the main green, checked out the bookstore and the dining hall to try to get the “vibe.” Also go to Thayer St., maybe eat there.

1 Like

Take a walk to and on campus today, before your tour tomorrow, to check out Friday night scene, we always try to do it if we stay in colleges the night before the tour - I would walk to Providence, we have done that during the day and at night too, there is a nice downtown area; check out RISD museum too.

2 Likes

Just FYI that this Monday is a school holiday so it is possible that the weekend vibe may be a little different than normal.

3 Likes

For a good meal check out plant city (vegan), Baccaro or Pallo or Andreas on Thayer. Have fun.

Strong agreement with @RussianMom regarding RISD museum.

I also think Browns men’s soccer team plays Cornell at home tomorrow at 4:00 if of interest. Unfortunately Browns (top ranked nationally) Rugby team is on the road tomorrow as is the football team.

1 Like

My son spent 4 years there and to my knowledge, never went downtown.

3 Likes

If going down town I would take a walk over the new “walking bridge” and enjoy the river walk (just down the hill past RISD near plant city). Some decent food trucks along the way. Alternately stay “up the hill” and go down the back side to the Wayland Square area which is much more frequently travelled amongst Brown students.

1 Like

Agree with the recommendations here, especially @Catcherinthetoast 's food recommendations. I would add to that the Salted Slate in Wayland Square … at times terrible service, but the food is really fantastic. Diego’s next door is solid Mexican fare, and the Wayland Square Diner is a classic American breakfast food diner - their corned beef hash is fantastic, as is everything else. And PVD donuts.

If the football team is in town I’d catch a game. They’re pretty fun.

Ugh … realizing this thread is dated and you’ve done your tour. No matter. I’ll post it anyway for the next person.

2 Likes