What should I do?

My school is in the process of implementing IB and my grade will be the first year of the diploma program. Math is my biggest concern and I’m a bit ahead. By the end of sophomore year, I will have complete pre-calc. My school is offering the two SL math tracks or I could take AP Calc BC, AP stats and potentially an independent study with the Calc teacher on multivariable calc. Which would work best?

Take SL math in 11th grade and AP Calc BC in 12th.

The Sl math would be treated as a two year course so that’s not an option

Then if you want an IB diploma you have to take SL math. (I happen to think 2 years for SL math is ridiculous but I don’t run your school)

I’m still trying to decide and math is a critical factor. If I don’t do IB I will take 4-5 APs junior and senior year

sl math is a one or two yar option at my school, the one year being significantly harder than the two year

SL Math in one year should not be difficult for a student who did well in pre-calc. I don’t know why schools stretch it out.

sounds like the AP route is my best bet

Talk to your program coordinator. Tell them that not having a one year SL option or a 2 year HL option is going to stop STEM kids from doing IB.

I will
So with the current plan, it’s not worth it?