What should I see & Where should I stay?

<p>I am flying to Miami early Friday morning and doing the afternoon tour.</p>

<p>So far most of the hotels I have called have been booked. I got a king bed at one place but a roll away doesnt sound fun. (both of my parents are comimg)
Any hotel ideas?</p>

<p>Also besides the school what should I visit?</p>

<p>There are many hotels in the area. Here is a link to a list from the UM website.</p>

<p><a href="http://www6.miami.edu/UMH/CDA/UMH_Main/0,1770,29532-1;29575-2;29219-3,00.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www6.miami.edu/UMH/CDA/UMH_Main/0,1770,29532-1;29575-2;29219-3,00.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Ask for a UM discount when you book.</p>

<p>I don't know how much time you have for sightseeing, but I would definitely check out Coconut Grove and South Beach if you have the time. Sunset Place Mall and Merrick Park are also nice places to visit to get a feeling for the area and they are close to the school.</p>

<p>Have a nice visit. :)</p>

<p>Cherrypie - Try Hampton Inn Dadeland - when I checked they still had 2 beds/rooms available - that's where I stay - they have free self parking (something to consider with Miami area hotels) and a nice free breakfast bar, is brand new and reasonable. Its right near the Mall/Target, etc. so it gives you a feel for that part of campus life and is fairly convenient to campus.<br>
The main thing is you can still get reservations at this late date!</p>

<p>ahh cherrypie! We meet again (oh no!) I think you're going to love Miami.</p>

<p>The city is the coooolest city ever. I would not miss South Beach for my life, it's gorgeous and it has really neat versace boutiques (although the stuff never moves b/c it's really pricy.) the miami seaquarium is cute, not great, but it's definitely worth it. The Venetian Pool is a total not-to-miss, it's a huge pool attached to some guy's mansion (he's obviously not with us here today.) other than that, be sure not to miss U of M's campus haha. it's pretty beautiful, although the students are interesting :P. Have fun and let loose!</p>