What STATE is everybody from? Roll Call!

<p>Guinness = Food = Absolutely! :-)</p>

<p>We are living in Chicago (Naperville). My mother is a Bama grad; my father from Auburn.
:slight_smile: My husband and I graduated from USC. We have lots of family living Columbia. While my mother loves Alabama, she is hoping that DD will change her mind and sign up to be a Gamecock!</p>

<p>Pittsburgh, by the way of Central NJ (hubby is half Italian too), and Rome, Italy (where I grew up), Philippines (where I was born). We also lived in Philadelphia during grad school. A little bit of everything.</p>

<p>^^ Does that mean she made her final decision GCBMIB? Napervillians in the house - Roll Tide!</p>

<p>bumping to make sure we’ve got everyone.</p>

<p>DD received her above expectations offer letter from USC. She seemed excited, but the next morning she announced she had been on the Bama Roommate Facebook page and found two girls to room with. So I guess we are in.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Tofugirl my D can show you all the hot vegetarian spots in Ttown!</p>

<p>GCBMIB -
it sounds like she is following the exact path as DS. His USC letter came in - total was only $5K over UofA, Honors and all… he visited but his heart was set on Bama before the plane even landed in SC.</p>

<p>Had a bad connection/flight into SC, Southwest wasn’t yet flying there - that helped seal the deal in his mind.</p>

<h1>204 Representing Alabama! Please PLEASE don’t hesitate to contact us next week if you or your DD would like to discuss anything in person, DS will be home for break.</h1>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>bumping to get those who haven’t yet posted.</p>

<p>I’m a Huntsville native, except for the ages of 2.5-18. My family moved back to town one week after I graduated high school. My husband’s been in Huntsville since he was 5 or so. </p>

<p>DH spent his sophomore year at UA, but we both have degrees from UAHuntsville (his electrical/computer engineering; mine business).</p>

<p>*except for the ages of 2.5-18. *</p>

<p>where did you live during that time?</p>

<p>not in Huntsville from ages 2.5–18</p>

<p>First 9 months, I was in Shawnee Mission, KS. Followed by 2 years in Oak Ridge, TN; then 2 years in Knoxville, TN; then 9 years in Morristown, TN. It’s been Huntsville or Madison County since June of 1983 (except for two years at Vanderbilt University in Nashville).</p>

<p>My mom grew up here in Huntsville, and she always considered Huntsville as “where we were from.” I had always heard so much about it, that it felt like home right away when we moved back.</p>

<p>Currently reside in East Tennessee however am an Alabama native. S#1 and #2 born in New Jersey; D born in Virginia; DH German native. And yes, S#1 seriously considering UA when his mom and grandparents are passionate Auburn grads…</p>

<p>@timeflew
There isn’t many :frowning:
But there’s this really good one called Spiral Diner</p>

<p>Currently residing in rural Virginia where the closest neighbors are llamas and cows (no, we do not own them). My husband is from upstate New York, while I am originally from Long Island. We also spent several years living on the other side of the Potomac in Maryland.</p>

<p>*There aren’t many
But there’s this really good one called Spiral Diner *</p>

<p>Well, maybe someone reading this will realize that there is a market for either a vegetarian restaurant or at least more vegetarian offerings at current restaurants.</p>

<p>Sitar advertizes that it is vegan-friendly. </p>

<p>My H (who isn’t a vegetarian, but sometimes prefers a no-meat meal) will go to Jason’s Deli and make an enormous salad at their salad bar…he particularly likes the edamame/bean entree that is on the salad bar. I don’t know if you eat eggs, but if you do, they also have shelled-hard-boiled eggs on the salad bar that my H likes adding to his salad. Of course, there are also fresh fruit offerings on the salad bar.</p>

<p>Found this…</p>

<p>The best Vegan Friendly Restaurants.</p>

<p>1.Mugshots Grill and Bar
2.Kozy’s Restaurant and…
3.Sitar
4.Kobe Japanese…
5.The Olive Branch Cafe</p>

<p>Thanks 2Mom2CollegeKids</p>

<p>I was born in DC,grew up in VA, school in cold, wintery place where I met h (who grew up in NJ) and we have been all over these last 24 years. Currently in VA. D was born in OH but then also lived all over.</p>

<p>Madison, AL. Here since 1989. Was an Army brat and college student (UT Austin) before planting roots here.</p>