What to do if I don't get accepted to any nursing school?

<p>I just finished my first year of college. I'm taking pre-req's for nursing and wondering what I should I do if I don't get accepted into a nursing program. </p>

<p>Because the pre-requisite courses for nursing are so specific and mainly geared for pre-nursing, I'm worried what will happen if I don't get into nursing schools. Nursing schools are so tough to get into now.</p>

<p>Do I continue trying to apply until I get into now? Do I switch majors and get a bachelor's degree in something else and then return to try applying again?</p>

<p>There are plenty of other health care careers. There also are practical nursing programs. In addition, there are plenty of nursing programs for people who already have bachelors degrees. In any case, apply to a wide range of programs, and apply early. Remember that the quality of the nursing program often has little to do with the overall “prestige” of the college.</p>

<p>I would apply to multiple nursing programs. If you don’t get into any, see if there are any classes that you could take while you wait for a year. My uni has our nursing course plan taking hard sciences during nursing school. You could get those out of the way.</p>

<p>Or, you could switch your major and do an accelerated BSN course for those with a bachelors degree in something else. One of my local unis has one that takes 12 months to complete and it’s for dirt cheap.</p>

<p>I’m fretting about all this, too. My uni does one year of prereqs and three years of nursing school. If I want to do everything on schedule, I must get in my sophomore year.</p>