What to do while waiting colleges' decisions

I am waiting for my colleges’ decision (RD), but I want to use this free time in sth useful.
Can I do anything now after finishing applying that can help me with the application process?

Yes - you can hang out with your friends, you can volunteer at a dog shelter…you can do things to keep your mind off of things.

As long as you are 100% assured you applied to safety colleges - then you just have to let the process unwind and not focus on it.

But check all your portals one more time - make sure they have everything they’ve requested.

Then - leave the scene - and don’t obsess.

Good luck.

6 Likes

Enjoy high school. And keep your grades up. If you end up wanting to transfer – or even if you are on a WL – a weak ending in high school won’t help.

5 Likes

Yes, don’t develop senioritis. Many kids let their game down. We will see a flurry of posts in April and may about students who are worried about being rescinded.

Take time to enjoy being a senior. Have fun. Hang out with your family. Breathe and be patient.

2 Likes

With the application process? Well…at this point, I would suggest two things:

1. Be patient.

2. Remember the positive reasons why you applied to ALL of the colleges on your list.

4 Likes

I agree with the advice above. If, however, you’re getting anxious about college AND if you have any acceptances already, then I would recommend digging in to the school(s)’ website and finding out more about the college. Perhaps it’s a particular club, or a faculty member who’s doing some interesting research that you might want to work under, or a cool living learning community in a dorm, or classes that sound interesting, or a tradition of students running across campus howling during every full moon. As @thumper1 said, there were positive reasons why you applied to every school on your list. As the acceptances start to come in, remind yourself of those reasons and discover new ones. That way, no matter how other results come in, you can still be excited about the options you do have.

2 Likes