What to do?

<p>So I'm visiting the campus tomorrow, Wednesday, and leaving Thursday. All I have scheduled right now is a walking tour on Wednesday, but the rest is basically free time. I figured I should definitely check out State Street, but what else would you guys suggest?</p>

<p>go to a class..there's a schedule of classes tht u can go to on the website (usually lecture halls)....have fun</p>

<p>Take the time to check out the art museum on campus and some of the libraries. Spend some time in the Union and chat with some people. Take a walk out to Picnic Point from the Union. Go to the Vilas Zoo. Tour the Capitol building.</p>

<p>If you're looking for a place to eat, check out Ella's Deli. It's a few streets from the Capitol, and it's spectacular. Their are toys and displays and crazy things happening all over the restaurant- it's really a ton of fun. You can't miss it- there's a big carousel outside. Check out the website for info and directions-</p>

<p>Ella's</a> Deli and Ice Cream Parlor</p>

<p>I lived on the open faced swiss and corned beef melts at the old State Street location. Yummmmmmm. OOOOO</p>

<p>Too bad that you are leaving on Thursday! The Wisconsin Film Festival starts then. If you can extend your visit, I highly recommend catching some of the films. </p>

<p>Otherwise, you've gotten some great suggestions. here's a few more:</p>

<p>walk or drive the Arboretum
if you have a car, go the Olbrich Botanical Gardens
tour the Overture and Madison Museum of Modern Art
check out what is happening (like live music and gallery showings) in Madison online at madison.com</p>

<p>Visit the departments you may want to major in- check out their libraries, go to classes. Wonder around inside some of the buildings on your own. Eat dorm food (it's good and you can pay cash for a wide variety)- check out the various locations on the Res halls site. Read a book, or stare out of the windows at the lake, at the HC White library, across from the Union, if you need a break. Check out the computer science DoIT tech center. Get Babcock ice cream- either from Babcock Hall or the Memorial Union. Just snooping around buildings on your own can eat up a lot of time. Tour the state capitol building as long as you're in town. See the State Historical Society Museum (across from the Memorial Library and Union) or one of the many campus ones. Go to the Vilas Zoo. Walk from the Memorial Union to the lakeshore via both Observatory Drive and the lakeshore path. Be thankful the rain came today instead of when you have your tour...</p>

<p>Get on an 80 bus at Memorial Union and take a ride around campus. Take the 80 that goes out to Eagle Heights.</p>

<p>thanks guys</p>

<p>So how did it go? At least the weather is more like Spring.</p>

<p>it was pretty good...state street was a bit of a mess since they started construction the day i got there. but, the campus was pretty nice (although more integrated with the city than I thought) and all of the kids seemed to say they couldn't imagine themselves anywhere else. only thing is deciding if its worth 20k more per year than rutgers (where i can also have a nice job with my dad in the city..)</p>

<p>That's a lot of Big Phats.</p>

<p>I just got back form my visit and it was amazing, even dispite the constuction of state street. State street is great and Bascom Hill and just the whole campus in general is absolutely amazing. I had a great time and would be privledged to go to that school.</p>

<p>Construction=progress. Otherwise it gets rundown and shabby.</p>