What to expect?

<p>Hey everyone I applied to UW Madison back in September with a 27 ACT (22 English, 28 Math, 28 Science, and 31 Reading) And a 3.77 unweighted GPA. At the end of November I got "postponed" and was curious to see if I should be optimistic about my chances of being admitted or if I should swallow the reality and start looking more seriously at different options? Also when should I expect to have a decision from them by? Im a MN resident and have a sibiling currently attending madison if those change anything, thanks for your input!</p>

<p>Last year decisions on postponed applicants were made by the end of March.</p>

<p>You definitely have a chance of being accepted, but I would apply to more schools than just Madison. Just because if you don’t get in, it’s going to be tough to get good housing at other schools at such a late date (Because by March a large percentage of kids will already have applied for housing). For example UM-Twin Cities application only takes about a half hour (no essays or anything) and you could get in. Good luck!</p>

<p>Yeah ive been accepted to the u of m and drake but just wanted an outsiders opinion on my chances! Im planning on sending in my drake housing here shortly just to be safe, thanks!</p>

<p>Fall grades very important. Up a plus–down little chance.</p>

<p>I was in nearly the same shoes last year. I was accepted to the “Connections Program,” which might be what they put you in. Basically you go to MATC (Madison Area Technical College) for two years, then you’re automatically accepted as a transfer to UW. </p>

<p>I opted to try my luck at a different UW system school and transfer after one year. As a MN resident and eligible for reciprocity; you might want to look at UW-La Crosse or UW-Eau Claire and take Gen Eds for a year and transfer. Most credits will transfer directly, class sizes will be smaller, and it might be a good way to ease your way into college. Or you might end up loving UW-L or Eau Claire and stay, they are both great schools.</p>