What to say in an email to a professor about getting into a discussion?

<p>I didn't get into an optional discussion because of my SOAR date, and now there are none I can take. What would I say in an email to a professor asking for admission to a closed discussion? Leaders at SOAR told me it is possible, and recommended emailing them a week before classes. Thanks.</p>

<p>I’m not sure if that can be done. I tried to do this for a class a few weeks ago and the professors responded with, “Class closed no wait list”. But you can give it a shot and just write casually and make yourself appear somewhat intelligent. it’s just an email and professors are probably too busy even in the summer to care about the way it looks. ex.</p>

<p>“Hello Professor X,
I will be a freshman this upcoming school year and I am very interested in taking one of your courses and I am especially interested in getting into a discussion for your class but unfortunately they are all closed. Is there any way I can get into a discussion section?<br>
Thanks for your time,
Y”</p>

<p>That’s basically what I wrote a few weeks ago.</p>

<p>If you’re really set on getting in, and they say no to the e-mail, you can show up at the discussion the first week and reiterate how interested you are in the class to the professor in person. Sometimes then they’ll let you in or say they’ll contact you as soon as someone drops.</p>