What to Wear to Saturdays Game?

<p>What do moms wear to the games? Also, is it humid in Tuscaloosa?</p>

<p>Wear 'Bama gear, or if you cannot procure any, wear any comfortable outfit with crimson and grey/white color themes. It doesn’t get humid after mid-September.</p>

<p>Are you going to a tailgate at a sorority or fraternity…if so then you will need to dress up a little…no jeans or jean shorts…maybe a nice skirt or simple dress. You will see lots of people in all manner of dress. We will be there this weekend and am wearing a cute houndstooth dress with flats. It is supposed to be nice…in the upper 70’s and sunny and won’t be particularly humid. Also dress for comfort …if you start out tailgating as a lot do in the am it can be a long day by the time you get to the end of the game (thus the flats :slight_smile: ).</p>

<p>The upper 70’s sounds really good! We are not going to a greek tailgate, but we are invited to stop by the tailgate of a friend of a friend in the quad. It is our first trip to Alabama. My son is a HS junior, and he wants the gameday experience! Any fun advice will be appreciated.
On Sunday, we are doing an unofficial tour with a graduate of his current high school who is now a student at Alabama.</p>

<p>The Quad will be fun. On Friday the University begins to set up the tents. So many different tailgates and maybe if your friend of a friend knows friends you can tailgate hop. I know that last week during Parents Weekend it was mentioned about the Elephant Stomp. It’s done in the Quad on the steps of the library…the Million dollar Band is amazing and it is a lot of fun to watch. I think it’s about an hour and a half or so before game time…if you are there by noon you ought to be ok. It’s also fun to be in front of Bryant Denney when the football team pulls up and goes in…see below
Elephant Stomp:</p>

<pre><code>* The Elephant Stomp is located on the steps of the Gorgas Library on the Quad… The Elephant Stomp is an exciting Gameday tradition at UA. The band will begin one and a half hours before kickoff. There will be a pep rally and then the march to the stadium. The drum line will begin two hours before kickoff.
</code></pre>

<p>Walk of Champions:</p>

<pre><code>* The Walk of Champions begins approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff. The team is dropped off in the team buses on the north side of the stadium at University Boulevard and proceeds through the Walk of Champions into the stadium. Be there to cheer the team on as they get ready for the game.
</code></pre>

<p>there is a website:[UA</a> Gameday](<a href=“http://www.uagameday.com/football/activities.php]UA”>http://www.uagameday.com/football/activities.php)
that will tell you what’s going on. Chances are the friends will be a wealth of knowledge as well. Take some time to walk around the vendors that are set up around the stadium…lots to buy (make sure to get a pom pom)! Have a blast…we are so excited to go down and Thursday (the day we are leaving) can’t come soon enough!
Hope your S enjoys the experience and the tour on Sunday…things will be much quieter but we also did a tour with a student who was attending UA and my D really liked that. I would encourage you to make an appt for the real deal in the future however. Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Just wear what you feel comfortable. Red or Bama spiritwear if possible. Penneys and several places have Bama spirit wear. </p>

<p>For nite games, it now can get chilly. I was in T Town last week and it got cold at twilight. </p>

<p>I wear capris and sandals when warm and pants, jacket, scarf and Uggs when cold. Gor a cute Bama scarf at season end at Alumni Hall. </p>

<p>Humidity is gone.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone for the advice. We are really looking forward to the whole experience!!!</p>