What UC's can I get into?

<p>For those of you who go to UC Riverside what is the social life like? Also do they have pickup basketball games? Lastly what is the diversity of the student body like?</p>

<p>Halopower, </p>

<p>Wait. Just wait. You sung the praise of UCR for a full paragraph, and then turn to ask how the UCR business program is? What the…talk about anti-climax, all the credibility gone. Gosh…</p>

<p><em>palm face</em></p>

<p>“For those of you who go to UC Riverside what is the social life like? Also do they have pickup basketball games? Lastly what is the diversity of the student body like?” </p>

<p>four letters HEAT. The HEAT is a concert that occurs every year and they bring real talent. This past year it was NERD, the Plain White Ts were 2 years ago. I hope this year it the Killers, that will save me 300 bucks from going to cochella, which is 1 hour away. UCR is one the most diverse research Universities in the country. Although a majority is asian but in it self it still diversed I meant ppl from korea,Taiwan,China,Iran, Washington(lol), their was a Canadian in my orientation. Whem ppl say their is nothing to do in Rside they are bsing you. It’s a city of 300,000 their are things to do. and if you get bored just take the metro to LA for 10 to 15 bucks or the beach. UCR also has a pretty new rec center if you think you can beat me at b-ball which u wont lol jk</p>

<p>Now I am really set on going to UC riverside. Is there like a 99 percent chance that I can get in. (You can never be 100 percent sure on anything). </p>

<p>… Jason I would own you at Basketball and Counter Strike</p>

<p>haha. well admission is 73% and it might go lower this year but pretty sure you ll get in.</p>

<p>Thats legit can’t wait to go to UC Riverside in 2010. That is if I get in hopefully. Thanks everyone for the great information. Carpe Diem</p>

<p>honestly sawanni
at the end of the day u have to remember this : UCR is among the top 100 Univs in the US. better than A LOT of state flagships ( look at my past thread about State flagships) and UCR has a really good med ( thomas haider) and BUsiness ( only UC other than UC berk to offer under grad business) program</p>

<p>It’s pretty funny that people ignore the impact of 20% cut and still think the school is going to become better in the near future.</p>

<p>UCRUCR-</p>

<p>My first paragraph is just an opinion of how I feel the university will be in a few years. Then, I asked for an explanation of how the business program works. Not if its good or not, because I’ve already heard good things about it, but I wanted to know how it works since only 1 business major is offered at the undergrad level.</p>

<p>You can probably get into one of the mid tiers (davis, irvine, santa barbara) and of course the lower tiers</p>

<p>problem with anything past Riverside is they start using point cutoffs (I’m not aware if Riverside/Merced use these…) and they do not give many points for EC’s. You either have the grades/scores or you don’t, so it’s not a situation where “you can probably get into one of the mid tiers…”</p>

<p>I don’t wanna sound harsh, that’s just the way the system works, good or bad.</p>

<p>Well even if I go to UC Riverside the first two years are just going to be general education. So it really only matters what graduate school I go to.</p>

<p>“Whem ppl say their is nothing to do in Rside they are bsing you.”</p>

<p>I call bs on this. I’ve lived in Riverside my entire life. There’s not a lot to do…I mean, sure, there are hookah bars and frozen yogurt places, but honestly, your social life in college should not revolve around those two things.</p>