What Went Wrong at Bama Bound

<p>

</p>

<p>Exactly. </p>

<p>Registration for my son’s first semester was a flawless breeze. He expected it would be the same for semester two, especially with his Honors College priority registration slot.</p>

<p>He prepared plans A, B, C in advance, jumped on the computer and into the system the first moment he could, went right to McKinney’s coveted AC 210 class, saw there was a seat available, pulled the trigger, and . . . nothing happened. The system appeared frozen.</p>

<p>He “rebooted” and tried several more times. Each time he encountered the same snafu. On his final try, he noticed that the seat had been taken and the course was closed. He ended up stuck with a less than desirable prof at a less than desirable time. He was furious.</p>

<p>He took his case to the business school and the computer gurus who manage the system and was basically told, “C’est la vie. There’s nothing that can be done.”</p>

<p>His options were to go on a Valium bender, enter an anger management program, accept it and move on, or . . . get up early and check back frequently in case someone dropped. He chose the latter, a slot opened up, he pounced (NOT like a Tiger:) ), and got McKinney!</p>

<p>Was he lucky? Absolutely. But in the immortal words of Branch Rickey (the old Brooklyn Dodgers’ general manager, who integrated major league baseball with Jackie Robinson), “Luck is the residue of design.”</p>

<p>We found the schedule for the student side of BB and it answered our question about the language placement test. But we are still wondering about the photo submission. Has anyone received a message indicating that the photo went through successfully?</p>

<p>We received crimson email stating photo submission was successful and id would be ready at bama bound.</p>

<p>thanks mombama. Did you received any indication that it went through when you hit the submit button? DS has tried to submit a few times over the last few weeks. He doesn’t get any type of message that it went through, and has yet to get an email.</p>

<p>The first couple of attempts, we received a message saying file was too large. After downsizing photo we didn’t get that error message. We received the email the day after we submitted the photo.</p>

<p>Thanks mombama. I resubmitted this morning and did not receive an error message. Hopefully it went through. We just found it odd that there wasn’t a response.</p>

<p>^^ We got an error message the first few times, but the last time we submitted there was a message on the screen saying something to the effect that it had been successfully submitted. No e-mail, but there hasn’t been a full business day since it was submitted. I’m hoping tomorrow is considered a business day at UA or D’s photo will have been submitted too late.</p>

<p>Beth’s mom, that is what is confusing to us. We are no longer getting the “file too big” message. But, after he hits the submit button, the file disappears and there is no message. Hmm…</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure we got a message saying that it had been successfully submitted. We did get an email, but it came on the 21st, a Monday, and I’m pretty sure we did it on the Saturday before. I had to resize the photo in photoshop elements to make it the right pixel size and it took a bit to make it successful.</p>

<p>I don’t remember a file successfully submited message, that does not mean that it did not exist, I just don’t remember! But We did get an email within a few days stating that the picture was accepted.</p>

<p>For us it was a pop up issue. We had submitted a few times with nothing-it would just disapear. Then we finally tried on a different computer and finally got the “image too big” message. Once we corrected the size and resent, we got the “your phone was submitted”. The following day we got an email.</p>

<p>Once I down sized my s picture. It submitted and I got a message that it was successfully submitted. Then my son got an email that it was submitted correctly.</p>

<p>FYI, the Action Card picture people apparently work weekends. We submitted D’s photo on Friday after business hours, and we got the e-mail tonight that her Action Card would be available for pickup at BB on Tuesday.</p>

<p>Dr. Sharpe has reponded to my email about the OP’s problem at Bama Bound. It’s being fixed right now.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1345888-bama-bound-registration-problem-being-fixed.html#post14440660[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1345888-bama-bound-registration-problem-being-fixed.html#post14440660&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;