What Will Parents Do During Bama Bound?

<p>My parents decided not to sign up for the Parent Orientation, so what will they be doing while I am meeting with the Avanti groups, registering for classes, etc? I don’t want them to be bored!
Thank you!</p>

<p>I went to a good number of sessions with my daughter – i.e. study abroad, pre-health majors, etc. I had a great time chatting with other parents from all over the country, including quite a few from our own home town of Atlanta. I definitely wasn’t bored, but I did have a book with me I could just pull out whenever I had some down time (like while she was registering). Hope you guys have a great time!</p>

<p>^^^ Whitlo, it sounds like you signed up for Parent Orientation.</p>

<p>So, are you saying that your parents will be coming to Tuscaloosa, but won’t be going to Bama Bound because they didn’t sign up? </p>

<p>Well, it’s really up to them. Since they’re not signed up, Bama won’t have some alternative plan for them.</p>

<p>They can:
visit the Paul Bear Bryant Museum</p>

<p>shop/eat around Midtown Village</p>

<p>explore Downtown (cross-streets Greensboro and University)</p>

<p>Walk along the River Walk which is along the Black Warrior River and have brunch at Another Broken Egg which is there</p>

<p>Why are they coming if they’re not going to do BB?</p>

<p>There is a whole schedule of things for parents to do and attend if they sign up for the parent orientation at Bama Bound. Lots of very useful info that will answer a lot of their questions. You can look at the schedules for parents and see what all is offered for them to attend. </p>

<p>If you have an ipad download the app “Guidebook”. After you download this app search on there for “Bama Bound”. Download that and once done open up. Then you can click on the exact date for your BB. Then there are schedules for Bama Bound students, parents, or siblings. We are taking the whole family. Future Bama kid going to all of the student events, mom & dad doing the parent orientations, lil sibling doing the stuff for them. On the ipad schedule you can select each event to add to your calendar for BB. It is an awesome app!!! </p>

<p>From the looks of it I would highly suggest that parents attend Bama Bound. Go to the parent info sessions and find out what all is going on and what info you will need to pay, movein, etc.</p>

<p>Nope – I never registered for parent orientation. I guess I just tagged along uninvited and distracted everybody so much with my chit chat that they got really distracted.</p>

<p>If something changes day 1 of orientation there is a table for open registration. I’m not sure if there are restrictions if you do it that way (like they only get a dorm if there is extra space). There are also some parts of Bama Bound where it doesn’t matter if your parents are registered or not. For instance I don’t see why your parents couldn’t join you for lunch and visiting all of the tables and interest sessions if they aren’t registered. It’s not like there is a bouncer at the door! They they could go back to exploring Tuscaloosa if they don’t want to do orientation.</p>

<p>We actually learned several important things at the various orientation sessions…</p>

<p>Most importantly, I finally MET DR SHARPE !!! He gave a wonderful address at breakfast the second morning of the 1st Honors BB.</p>

<p>Afterwards, I walked up to him, introduced myself, and told him “I am sending you MY SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE BECAUSE OF M2CK on College Confidential”. </p>

<p>Thankfully, he noticed the twinkle in my eye, and laughed!</p>

<p>And he knew I was telling the truth…about the service M2CK does for all college-curious…AND that I am sending him MY “special snowflake.”</p>

<p>The thing is, After hearing him and chatting with him, I truly believe that HE KNOWS that they are ALL special snowflakes!!!</p>

<p>Oh, Malani, btw he DOES remember YOUR special snowflake with affection as well! </p>

<p>What a great gentleman, and the Honors College ROCKS, AND BAMA …well,</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>TXArch…lol</p>

<p>Yes, all snowflakes are one of a kind and I also think Dr. S thinks so, too! :)</p>