What would be my best chance to get into nursing programs at any state schools really

I have a screwed-up gpa. Its a 2.083 currently because I had some problems at home in my first semester but for every class, I take now I’m going to get at least a B-B+. I go to a community college currently and I’m going to get my ba in Liberal Arts in a semester. I want to go into nursing so bad, what are some schools that would even consider me? Or will they even.

Since you will have a BA, you will probably be applying to ABSN nursing programs. Most of them require a 3.0 average or better, though there are a few that accept a 2.75. Have you taken Anatomy and Physiology or any of the other prerequisites needed for an ABSN or non-direct entry program (such as a community college program)? It may be possible to take or retake courses to improve your GPA, but you would need A’s in most if not all of those courses for your GPA to be high enough to be considered. I think there are some programs that will consider you if you have at least a 3.0 in the last 30 credits. Another option might be a hospital based diploma program, which might not care as much about grades but might require good scores on the TEAS or similar test.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.