What would be my best option?

Hello,

Currently, I am a junior in high school, and I am trying to figure out what I want to do in the future. At the moment, all I know is that my future plans involve getting a major in Journalism, but the issue is I am not for sure what to minor in or if i should get a double major because a lot of people have been saying a major in Journalism is useless in today’s society.

My future plans involve (hopefully) eventually ending up working for a magazine and writing articles, becoming an investigative journalist (something along the lines of what I guess you could coin as a muckraker), and in the later future, probably just becoming a freelance writer. For this line of work, what would be my best option for a minor or a double major? If not a single one of my plans works out, I was hoping to fall back on public relations, marketing communications, or something along those lines. Then again, I have also heard of people minoring in political science and psychology with journalism. What is your guys’ advice?

Thanks!