whats harder to get into? tech/madison?

<p>these are my two top choices and they put me on the waitlist for tech and i was deferred early action at jmu.. im hoping i get into maidson
but ive been hearing different things as to which is harder to get into.. i know jmu is 2:3 male-female i think so im assuming its harder for males( as i am)..
any insight?</p>

<p>I think that Virginia Tech, depending on your major would be tougher to get into generally speaking--especially if youre applying for Engineering, Architecture..ect......if youre referring to being accepted off of the waitlist..I have no idea</p>

<p>for madison i put undecided and tech i put business/marketing</p>

<p>Honestly, it would be harder to get into at Tech....if youre a transfer..it will help out your chances...but if youre a senior, it will be tougher. VT's Pamplin School of Business is becoming harder and harder to get into. Im not saying that you WONT get in...because you still may have good chances...but between JMU and VT, I would have to say VT would be tougher.</p>

<p>I agree VT is harder to get into,</p>

<p>VT has an even better Engineering program than UVA, and has the same level for Architecture</p>

<p>If I would have to pick between JMU and VT. </p>

<p>VT Anyday</p>

<p>you are not gonna get off the waitlist and into tech, business is a really popular major there, and you got deferred from jmu, an easier school, and you put undecided at jmu, forget about VT, start focusing on jmu, and your next backup</p>

<p>well apparently its madison since i got rejected from there and waitlisted at tech...</p>

<p>You were deferred, not rejected...if you already knew that Madison was tougher..you shouldnt have asked.</p>

<p>"You were deferred, not rejected...if you already knew that Madison was tougher..you shouldnt have asked."
i just got my rejection letter today.. and i didnt know it was harder thats why i asked</p>