What's missing on my kid's college list -- uw4.0/SAT1570 [NJ resident, statistics]

When we visited the campus in Oct 2019, it was somewhat of a turnoff when the admissions person doing the talk repeated over and over to apply ED for best chances. My student did not because we were seeking merit.

1 Like

Even though there are many hooked students in ED, it’s also possible an unhooked student’s chances are higher in ED vs RD.

3 Likes

GT OOS is 12% when both rounds combine. EA2 is 10% and RD is ~16%.
Emory ED 1 is ~35% while ED2 is ~12% and RD is ~7%.
So it depends on if OP would apply to Emory ED1 or not. However ED1 has legacy and athletic admits to account for. However i see that OP is applying ED to Upenn so i dont know why you’re bringing up Emory ED1. For the other two rounds Emory is just another Reach school.

Northwestern, UChicago, Duke, JHU, Notre Dame, CMU; also a lot of the likely/target for you would be in the South (not sure if she would be ok with that), such as WashU, Vandy, Rice, Emory.

Rutgers honors admits by college and engineering honors is very competitive. Did your son apply to anything other than engineering?

He only applied to Rutgers Engrg.

Mine with similar stats got Honors for SAS but not for engineering.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.