What's Needed for Move Out?

<p>Assuming there are cleaning supplies already available, what else will be needed for move out? So far I have:</p>

<p>Lock/keys for storage unit
Tupperware bins
Large black garbage bags
Boxes for TV, etc that we are going to store
Masking tape and sharpie to label storage bins</p>

<p>Am I missing anything?</p>

<p>I bring the packaging for the bed bug liner and egg crate mattress, as well as a large space bag or zipper bag to store the pillows in. Of course, you can just put the pillows in a trash bag and tie it closed. I have a “broken” space bag that I use. The linens come home for washing. </p>

<p>Don’t forget your security code for your storage unit, if you’ve already rented one.</p>

<p>Your bedazzled ‘NRDMOM is the BEST!’ T-shirt?</p>

<p>lots of trash bags (for packing in).</p>

<p>the stuff you mentioned.</p>

<p>lots pf patience.</p>

<p>a helper!</p>

<p>: )</p>

<p>we pack pretty badly for move out and then go through and reorganize when we get home.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Bed bug liner? We needed a bed bug liner? Yikes! How did I miss that one? </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Have to find that paperwork. Thanks for the reminder.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>For some off reason I don’t own one of those…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Doing road trip with non CC posting room mommy. She will be helper, since NRDMOM is slacking and won’t arrive in a timely manner…</p>

<p>Mr Clean Majic Eraser!</p>

<p>For some off reason I don’t own one of those…</p>

<p>Well. That’s weird.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Good grief. It’s time to rectify that oversight.</p>

<p>A large dumpster and several shovels? </p>

<p>Seriously, make the load a little lighter if you can donate items. My son plans to donate various items just because he’s flying home following graduation. If you really have no use for something, consider donating it.</p>

<p>LOL momreads. I don’t think we will have much that won’t be needed next year.</p>

<p>I thought of a few more things, but not sure this isn’t overkill</p>

<p>Small container of spackle
Putty knife
Goof-off</p>

<p>We used some command strips to hang things and I’m concerned they won’t come off as they are supposed to.</p>

<p>the command strips come off if you follow the directions. just pull down. don’t give up and pull out or you will remove part of the wall.</p>

<p>Ah, this brings back memories from decades past. When I was in the dorm…some students used toothpaste to fill in holes in walls before inspection time. I am NOT condoning that behavior!</p>

<p>My S is going to be in the exact same room. It sure would be nice to just leave the carefully aligned command strips up, so we can just put the things back in the exact same places, without all of the fiddly measuring we had to do last fall.</p>

<p>I’m bringing bubble wrap for the delicate items and some old newspapers to wrap stuff in. Twist ties for cables. Smaller boxes for all the little stuff, so it doesn’t rattle around in the large boxes. Some string. Duct tape. And chewing gum…</p>

<p>I will be heading to Bama to move D out of Ridgecrest West on May 1st and 2nd.
Do I need her to get me some kind of parking pass for my car?</p>

<p>My suite still has command hooks on the walls that were set up by previous occupants. I’ve been in the same suite for 3 years. :)</p>

<p>My advice is to park your car, help your child pack up stuff, go get the car, and have them bring the stuff down to the car on one of the carts that are in the lobby of many dorms. Parking passes may be required depending on where and when the car is parked.</p>

<p>The local thrift store came and set up big blue donation bins today for all the stuff that students will be donating.</p>