What's the best flight plan for Philly/NY to Bama?

<p>*
I was just wondering if you had any insight in flying from Birmingham to the Philadelphia/New York area. I know you are from Alabama but I wasn’t sure if you had any tips. Thats the only thing stopping me from sending in my deposit is getting home. I know I won’t be able get home every time I want to, but I want it to be easy and convenient to be able to get home for Thanksgiving Christmas and Spring Break. Thanks!*</p>

<p>I rec’d the above message from a prospective student, and I told her I’d make a thread to hopefully get an answer. She visited Bama on UDays and loved it. :)</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Southwest Airlines flies into Philly or New York (including Newark, NJ) several times a day from Birmingham.</p>

<p>I fly PHL - BHM all the time. Southwest and Delta tend to be the cheapest and USAIR has the only non-stop flight. Continental might be cheap too if you fly into Newark as they have a hub there.</p>

<p>If you plan ahead and book in advance when there are fare sales going on you can usually get a roundtrip ticket under $300 and sometimes as low as $200.</p>

<p>I booked 2 flights this summer on Southwest for the Arkansas and LSU football weekends this fall. Paid $200 RT for each of them.</p>

<p>lil bro paid $240 RT to fly back for Thanksgiving with Delta. Though he is flying home this coming Friday night and going back to Bama on the Sat after Thanksgiving. Flights for next week closer to Thanksgiving were higher.</p>

<p>Southwest just had a great fare sale a couple weeks ago and we got his flight home for Christmas for $218. Paid $139 for the leg on 12/16 to PHL and only $79 for the return trip on 1/9</p>

<p>There is also Amtrak that runs from Tuscaloosa with stops in Philly, Newark, and New york. Trip takes around 20 hours but it’s an option.</p>