What's the difference in ACT/SAT and GPA stats between NC students and OOS students?

I can’t seem to find a breakdown of the ACT/SAT and GPA of NC students compared to OOS students. Any idea what that is?

1 Like

Here is a link that might provide some information: Workbook: db_freshmen

To get information on solely OOS students or solely instate students, you will have to manage the options in the column on the left to include or exclude students from North Carolina; there is a tab along the top that allows you to select test scores and GPA.

I calculated 41,000+ applied OOS, 3,500 admitted, 900 enrolled. I rounded the numbers. It does not breakout OOS legacy, which they use

A few years – 5 or so, maybe? – ago I remember reading somewhere that 41% of OOS legacy applicants were admitted at UNC-CH. But I have since deleted that link.

In a recent alumni magazine I believe they had the numbers. I’d have to look for it though

This is a link to the most recent information from the Carolina Alumni Review that I could find (for entering Fall 2018 students): Carolina Alumni Review - March/April 2019. There are some bar graphs showing test scores for matriculating OOS and instate students; later data might be affected by test-optional admissions, and so is not reported – just a guess.

1 Like

I think I read for those entering fall of 2022, but the admissions rates are similar. Bottom line; OOS is difficult unless you’re a legacy

Sometimes it is on the website (I found the class of 2021 and I also seem to remember other years).