What's the early read on the new president?

I know it’s early, but the feedback from Dartmouth on Pres. Beilock is super strong and positive. So am wondering what the situation feels like at Barnard?

From what I’ve heard, Beilock made a point of seeming extra-relatable to the young women at Barnard, embracing social media. But that was uniquely her style.

To one student I spoke to, Rosenbury comes across as genuine and caring - but maybe a bit more a traditional president (as much as “traditional” applies to Barnard :wink: )

1 Like

Yes very much so, already, at Dartmouth. It’s striking (in a good way IMO) but hopefully that doesn’t mean that Rosenbury is anything other than ‘different’ rather than ‘lesser.’ I guess time will tell.

1 Like

Absolutely - Beilock’s trial by fire was revamping the college to deal with CoViD. But at least, she had science and the CDC to back her.

Rosenbury got world politics dumped on her big time, especially given a student body that might be more socially engaged or tend towards activism. In my opinion, an exponentially more difficult fence to stand on. Maybe a traditional management style might actually be well suited?

At the end, University/College Presidents are to a large degree figure heads who spend significant time on “big-funds” raising, through donor/alumni relations. The “executive” management happens one floor down.