Whats up with Chemical Engineering?

<p>So I haven't posted on here since i was applying to schools a year ago, but I had a question and thought this would be the best place to get it answered. I am a freshman at Tech and absolutely love it. Not to get off topic but if anyone wants to know anything about the freshman experience feel free to ask. </p>

<p>Basically my question is why is Tech, which is ranked 14th overall for undergrad engineering, and ranked high in almost every sub category, not ranked at all in chemical engineering? This kinda bugs me since i am planning on doing chemical engineering.... i dont want to transfer schools because i love this place, but i might transfer majors if tech doesn't have a good program (ESM? or BSE?). </p>

<p>I know pamplin school of buisness wasnt ranked last year because they chose not to be surveyed for a year whille they upped their program... any chance thats what the chem e department did?</p>

<p>If you don't like ChemE check out MSE. Theres a bit of overlap. </p>

<p>No clue on why ChemE isn't ranked, I'd ask the department head. I haven't heard anything bad about it though.</p>