When and How to Check Individual UC portals?

My D applied to several UCs on the first day applications opened, November 1. She received the email from UC saying her application was successfully submitted and we’ve logged in and seen it was sent to all the campuses she applied to. I’ve also read somewhere (somewhere on CC I’m sure!) that she should check the portals on the individual campuses. So we’ve been trying to figure out how to do that and it seems like they are all different. UCSD was the only one we’ve successfully gotten into so far as they let her use the UC Application number the UC App sent after she applied to begin the log in process. Once logged in, a message shows “If you are a Fall 2017 applicant, please check back in mid-January.” I think UCLA said something similar, getting them all confused now. Some we couldn’t get into though like UCSC - they say she should have received an email with a “CruzID and CruzID Gold Password” but they don’t say when that would be received. She hasn’t gotten anything like that - she checked her spam and every filtering place it could be - so I emailed them (I know she should but I was trying to help her as she has so much to do) and they said to have HER email them - which she now has done - but they made it sound like she should already have received this. So are all the UCs different in terms of when they want you to check the portals? Finding it very confusing. Thanks.

Each UC will send the applicants information on how to setup their application portals and each UC will send the portal information at different times. I suggest you setup a spread sheet with the Log on information/ Logon password etc… for each UC since they will all be different. I would give it a few weeks since the application deadline has not closed and checking the spam folder is a good idea.

ok, thanks @Gumbymom

yeah, that’s kind of a pain. I used a spreadsheet to keep track of the passwords, time frames, etc. Another hint, if you follow your target schools on twitter, you can see when applicants are accepted and rejected - pretty much real time.

oh, never thought of following on twitter - great idea, thanks @NCalRent !