when are decisions typically released?

<p>hello everyone, i am an OOS high school senior that is most interested in UW madison. I am nearly finished with the application, i just need to write the 2nd essay before i can send in my application. The only problem is that the teacher I have writing me a letter of recomendation said she needs until November 1st to complete my letter.</p>

<p>If i send in my application by the end of this week but her letter is not sent until the 1st, how long will I have to wait to hear a decision?</p>

<p>My stats are: 3.75 UW 4.4 W, ranked 90 out of 850, which puts me just about the top 10 percent.
ACT = 31, (E=35, M=27, R=32, S=29).</p>

<p>I am planning to apply for political science.</p>

<p>At UW, unlike some state schools, you do not apply for admission to a particular college, so whether you are poli sci or something else is not part of the decision. In contrast, at Illinois Urbana Champaign, students apply to, and are admitted, to a specific college (engineering, arts and letters, etc.) </p>

<p>At least last year, teacher recs were optional, so if the rest of your application is complete by the Nov 1 first round, it would still be considered “ready” for review. Following last year’s decisions threads, it generally took at least 4 weeks, and often 2-3 months, for a decision. </p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>I believe that the recommendation letters are still optional, so it should not affect your application. Is there a way that you can tell your teacher that the deadline is November 1st and ask them if there is any way they could have it in by then? It seems like you have given them plenty of time to write their letter, and if they knew there was a strict deadline, perhaps they would be able to get it in earlier for you?</p>

<p>Following last year’s decisions threads, it generally took at least 4 weeks, and often 2-3 months, for a decision.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>