When can freshmen purchase football tickets? Their parents?

i recently saw a discussion where returning students have to be online a certain day in April to purchase their tickets.

What about freshmen? Will they get an email of info? Sign into MyBama to purchase tickets? Do they get tickets to every home game? Tickets for students $10 each?

I thought I saw something that Honors College kids have a special section or box with food? Or did I misunderstand something there.

I just want to make sure my son doesn’t miss the opportunity. Oh and I think I heard all other sports to attend are free for students?

Info from last year. Assuming this year will be similar. I don’t think the freshman date has been announced yet.

http://www.rolltide.com/tickets/m-footbl-student-tickets.html

Freshmen student tickets for football generally go on sale online around June 1st or 2nd. Tickets are purchased through the MyBama account and are billed to the student account. Students receive an email, but it would be smart to watch for the date to be posted since some students aren’t in the habit of checking their crimson mail account. I believe the student must have registered for a Bama Bound orientation in order to purchase tickets. Entering freshmen may purchase one of two ticket packages. The packages are usually split so that each package contains a ticket for popular games like Auburn or LSU. The tickets cost $10 each this year.

The Honors College does have block seating, but it is first come, first served and involves getting a wrist band. Admission to other athletic events is free, but student seating IS limited. Arrive early for gymnastics or basketball events.

Parents may purchase tickets on the quad from licensed vendors or through other vendors. We have purchased from individuals at face value or less, through StubHub, and also on the quad. Ticket prices vary depending upon the opponent, and you’ll find a drastic up and down market before games on the quad on game days.

How difficult is it for parents to get tickets to the game played during Family Weekend?

Not difficult at all. In fact you may be able to pick them up cheaper than face value close to time for the game. This is usually a game against a weak opponent. BTW, in the summer and early in the season, tickets are often available from the ticket office at www.rolltide.com. Check early!

The parents weekend game tickets are really high up! I wish we would have done as others suggested and bought our own tickets closer to game day (or even the day of). There were much better seats available for a LOT less than we paid as part of the package.

As for student tickets- I never understood how Honors seating worked. Honors is in the lower bowl and freshman get upper bowl tickets. So unless they traded for a lower bowl ticket, then honors seating would not be available, right?