When do current students register for fall classes?

<p>i know it must be coming up soon.</p>

<p>anyone know or have a link?</p>

<p>thanks.</p>

<p>I was just wondering the same thing, Mike. Thanks for posting.</p>

<p>Most of the honor college students will register around the 23rd I believe.They get priority registration. Check registrar tab in their mybama page. Be sure they get the sign off from their advisor to clear them for registration!!!</p>

<p>i asked my daughter and she said monday. not sure if she meant this monday or next monday … i think she has done the advising stuff already.</p>

<p>here is the link to reg. times.</p>

<p>[Registration</a> and Advising | The Office of the University Registrar - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://registrar.ua.edu/services/mystudent/registration-and-advising/]Registration”>http://registrar.ua.edu/services/mystudent/registration-and-advising/)</p>

<p>Mike,I think grad students register Monday. Our freshman will be a couple of days later.</p>

<p>you are right</p>

<p>**reminder to all returning students…**make sure that your Advising Hold got lifted. Sometimes, even though you went to Advising, the hold doesn’t get lifted. So, be sure to check on MyBama to make sure it is lifted.</p>

<p>where do you check for that?</p>

<p>You can check for registration holds by going to the page where you can look up classes. Once on that page, scroll down and you will find a link that says “view holds.”</p>

<p>If you click on registering for classes, it will tell you whether you have any holds other than the one for time.</p>

<p>Often the advisers will send a student an e-mail to confirm that the hold has been lifted. So you may want to ask for that confirmation.</p>

<p>guess the timing on this is good, they can mess around with the schedule during Spring Break instead of having to fit that in during a regular class week.</p>

<p>Son did not get an email about this. Apparently, he heard it through the grapevine and is freaking out about getting advised before registration. I calmed him down, that we’ll work on it over spring break, then he’ll have to scramble to get someone to sign off on it. </p>

<p>Son is mech eng major, and doesn’t look like there’s much leeway in the curriculum for soph fall semester, so guess it’s just a matter of plugging in times. </p>

<p>But what about CBH? How does that schedule work for sophomore year? Is it a lecture/recitation like freshman year?</p>

<p>CBH for soph year on is just one hour a week meeting.</p>

<p>Your son needs to contact engineering to get advised and get signed off.</p>

<p>I don’t know if there are emails to remind about advising. I think it gets mentioned in class. </p>

<p>Either way, all students need to be aware that around spring and fall breaks they need to meet with advisors to get signed off.</p>

<p>Engineering usually does advising in groups since there is little flexibility in their sequences…so not much choice. </p>

<p>Have your son find out when those group advising sessions are. He could probably ask …</p>

<p>Gregory Singleton, director of engineering students services, at <a href=“mailto:gsingleton@eng.ua.edu”>gsingleton@eng.ua.edu</a>. </p>

<p>205- 348-1447 </p>

<p>or this lady…</p>

<p>[Mechanical</a> Engineering - Faculty and Staff](<a href=“http://me.eng.ua.edu/people/faculty_details.asp?ID=13]Mechanical”>http://me.eng.ua.edu/people/faculty_details.asp?ID=13)</p>

<p>Beth Ann Todd</p>

<p>Associate Professor and Undergraduate Program Coordinator
Office: 280B Hardaway Hall
Phone: 205/348-1623
Email: <a href=“mailto:btodd@eng.ua.edu”>btodd@eng.ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Love it, mom. Gets mentioned in class. They really need to send an email reminding the kids. What about the kids that miss class, or are in la la land? </p>

<p>Last semester, it was done as part of one of the freshman engineering classes. Don’t understand why it can’t be done during the second half of that same class.</p>

<p>Son got directed to some guy he’s never met who told him to come on Thursday, when he has class all day, so he’ll have to wait until after Spring Break. I told him to just grab one of the professors he’s familiar with. Hope that will be okay. </p>

<p>Didn’t know if CBH had to sign off as well. Since it’s only a one hour a week meeting, I guess that class can be plugged in last.</p>

<p>Is registration only open on one day, or does it start on one day, and lasts for a few more days? I know son has class with the professor he’s most comfortable with on Wednesday, but didn’t know if that would be too late to get signed off, ie, all the classes would be full by then. Since engineering is so rigid in its curriculum, would hate for him to miss the sequence in the classes.</p>

<p>Montegut: Registration lasts for several days. That way, if a student needs to move around his schedule for whatever reason, he can.</p>

<p>Registration lasts thru summer…so he can change his schedule many times…as long as there is space.</p>

<p>*Gets mentioned in class. They really need to send an email reminding the kids. What about the kids that miss class, or are in la la land? </p>

<p>*</p>

<p>LOL…they’re in college. It’s their job to seek out this info. It’s on the website as well. </p>

<p>Mention to your son that he needs to be aware that around the spring/fall break of every semester is registration…so he needs to be aware of that and arrange for advising during those times. </p>

<p>CBH doesn’t sign off on anything. He just needs to look at which one hour CBH classes fit in his schedule and sign up for one.</p>

<p>Well, he gets plenty of emails in myBama about miscellaneous stuff. It would be nice to get an email about important deadlines. Since we got several emails from housing about important dates, I would assume something as important as advising and registration would warrant an email.</p>

<p>I’m not expecting them to be babied, but seriously, with midterms occurring at the same time as breaks, Bama shouldn’t be expecting students to spend hours searching for just the right link to find the important dates. And with 30K students, such an email shouldn’t only be sent to Honors students as part of the Honors College email, but to all students. I know there’s lots of students at Bama, but it seems that each department should have the responsibility of sending emails reminding students of these important dates.</p>

<p>In fact, I checked important dates and saw mention of things such as last day to drop or add with or without a W, but no mention of advising. It wasn’t until I googled advising and registration that I found the right link.</p>

<p>From there, I went to Degree Works to find exactly how many credits son has, and see that he doesn’t register until Wed at 7 Am, so he does indeed have time to track down an advisor once he gets back from spring break before registration.</p>

<p>^^^Actually my son’s advisor sent out several e-mails about registration. One included registration dates and the other was instructions on how and when to make appointments. I don’t know if this is just how his advisor handles registration or not. I put it on my calendar so that i could remind him as well.</p>