When do freshman get to pick their dorms?

<p>I paid my deposit fee back when it first opened (october 1st I believe?) and I did have the option of preferring a suite style dorm. When do we actually get to pick which residence hall we want to live in? I feel like I am rushing in to things so fast haha! I don’t know if I am doing that or I am missing something!</p>

<p>Can anyone help me?</p>

<p>Did a quick search on here. Last year the first day for incoming freshman to select a room was April 2nd. It is in the evening starting at 6:00. Think it was in 30 minute increments with like 4 slots per night.</p>

<p>Thank you! I was worrying that I was late!</p>

<p>Choosing rooms opens on February first, and you will be notified based on when you paid the deposit (ie. those who paid in October get to choose their preferred housing before those who paid in December). Just keep up to date with your UA email around the end of January for any notifications regarding housing!</p>

<p>Is that for incoming freshman? That seems awfully early to move it up 2 months. Returning students select rooms well ahead of incoming freshman. That early February date could be for returning students. Last year the first day for incoming freshman was April 2nd. You receive your time slot several weeks earlier. Unless they changed it for this year.</p>

<p>I called UA housing a few days ago and this is what they told me. However, that may not be correct. I initially thought it was later as well. Hope someone can clear this up!</p>

<p>My D says that it opens up first week of Feb. by groups depending on when you registered for housing. She says that info was conveyed at the early Nov Honors seminar. I didn’t hear it but I probably wasn’t paying attention. :(</p>

<p>See this link for the answers to questions like these:</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/general_faq.cfm#question19]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/general_faq.cfm#question19)</p>

<p>Room selection for incoming freshmen begins on May 1.</p>

<p>From the website:</p>

<p>When does freshmen room selection begin?
Incoming freshmen who apply for housing by February 1, 2014, will be able to select their own rooms online. Room selection will begin on May 1. Students will be assigned specific dates and times to access room selection, based on their housing application date. More information will be available on the HRC web site after January 1 and will be e-mailed to students using their crimson e-mail accounts.</p>

<p>I believe the first week of February</p>