When do I need to declare major for scholarship reasons?

<p>I am actually listed as an engineering major, because I knew that one was hardest to get in to and next to impossible to transfer to if not already in it. </p>

<p>But I need scholarships. And I might end up an engineering major, but that is not my top choice. When do I need to decide by? When do they start looking at scholarships and such? And honors programs, that sort of thing?</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure there’s a scholarship section for the application.
Don’t obsess over when you’ll receive offers - they’ll come when they come.</p>

<p>You can change majors after you apply also, but you basically have until your New Student Conference to enter your major as an accepted HS senior.</p>

<p>For example, you can’t get into the BIMS major if you go over their limit on credit hours, but you could if you entered that major as an accepted HS senior.</p>

<p>In the past they started with the honors program invites shortly after the end of the application period (use to be mid- Jan), if you declared an Engineering major then you would be considered for that department’s honor program & the university wide honors but obviously not invited to honors in other majors. The scholarship schedule is slower - unless you qualify for certain guaranteed scholarships like NMF, they start to roll out around Feb/March and continue (could be earlier since they’ve moved up the application deadline dates by 6 weeks). Your application goes to the various places that you qualify for potential scholarships & your intended major for specific dept. scholarships as well as the scholarship & financial aid office for university wide scholarships. If you are switching and hope to get into that new major’s pool of candidates for scholarships/honors programs, you may want to do it before apps close. Technically you do have until NSC to switch majors, but there are some majors that do not allow you to do so during NSC or after the application deadline(they are full usually) traditionally: engineering, business, psychology, architecture & one other - anyone know the fifth one?</p>