When do roomate assignments come out?

<p>does anyone know.....</p>

<p>Last year, my S's came around June, 30th.</p>

<p>when do we need to get housing info in? there was no deadline on MyUM</p>

<p>I was told to get housing preferences in as soon as possible. I think the sooner you have it in, the better chance you have of getting what you want.</p>

<p>has anyone applied for a cane card yet? Is this done at orientation or can we do it before hand? anyone know? Thanks.</p>

<p>You'll get a packet with info about getting your Cane Card. It lets you fill out a form and send in a picture by mail and the card will be ready when you arrive on campus. If you don't do it by mail, it's easy to do when you get there. You guys will be getting alot more info in the mail in the next few weeks. Have fun, it is really an exciting time.</p>

<p>The faster you get your housing info in, the better. You get assigned a priority number for housing that is determined by when they receive your info. And that number STAYS WITH YOU ALL 4 YEARS!!!!! So in later years as you request hgousing, the lower your number the more chance of getting your choices. That's what I was told back in February by the housing dept. people when my son sent his packet in. Thank goodness for ED and early acceptance.</p>

<p>on the website it said that all freshman must live in doubles? is this true? If not, do a lot of freshman live in singles? What about Small Singles? Are small singles worth it?</p>

<p>You can try to get a single, but good luck. They are mostly taken by Sophomores and higher.</p>

<p>In actuality about 99% of the singles never come out for the draw. They are given to the RA's, DA's and housing staff, usually assigned to them prior to room signup for everyone else. If one does come up, it is very quickly taken by those with first priority.</p>

<p>roomate assignments are up now on myUM</p>

<p>Yeppers, S's room assignment posted today</p>

<p>How do I know if I have been placed on a "quiet floor" and not? The website doesn't say anything but my room number.</p>

<p>If it was a quiet floor, the web site wouldn't have said anything.........</p>

<p>lol o ok.</p>

<p>did everyone get their roommate's contact info? I can't find my roommate on facebook or . I dont have access to my mail right now because I'm on vacation. He hasnt contacted me yet.</p>

<p>My son got the contact info on his roommate. His roomate is not on face book or my space, My son has emailed room mate, but has not heard from his room mate via email. Wea re assuming that the room mate may be traveling for the summer.
So to answer your question, we have not heard from room mate yet, but not for lack of trying--we will probably try to telephone him soon.</p>

<p>My son is waiting to hear from UM about switching his room....so he has been contacted by his roommate but had to tell him there could be a change and he would not be his roommate. It's not easy having things up in the air. Hopefully we will hear something soon!</p>

<p>Good luck with making contact ndd. Where is the roomie from?</p>

<p>LOL, both my S and his roommate received letters with all the contact info in them. since they are best friends, hang out almost every day (and are the current reigning beer pong champion team in the area, which is a little disconcerting as a parent, LOL) they thought it was pretty funny to get the letter with all the contact info. They sent intro text messages to each other anyway just to observe the "rooming in college for the first time" etiquette.........:-0</p>