When do the ED 1 results come out for George Washington University?

I’ve been hearing that its either the 15th or 18th of December. Can anyone confirm?

Per the GW website (always side with official sites vice word-of-mouth): “Late December.” It means they don’t know the exact day but it’ll be around that time. Basically, any day after the 15th and before January 1st.

https://undergraduate.admissions.gwu.edu/key-dates-deadlines

If GW has any social media accounts follow them. Most schools that have them announce the impending release on their accounts first. @06101999

I heard both those exact dates as well! I asked someone in guidence who knows my local rep and he said that they’re release them on the 15th after the admissions office is closed (like 5PM) because it’s Friday and they won’t have a million people calling and complaining! Good Luck!

AH this is crazy. I read on a thread here that they would be releasing them the 18th b/c it’s the date on the CSS profile. Idk which one to count down to omg

@bulldog123 don’t count down to anything. Unless you see some official date DIRECTLY FROM GW there’s no way to know for sure. Believe me, I’ve been looking at this stuff for the past 10 years: it’s anything but precise.

I got in as a Spring Transfer yesterday, and I legit didn’t get ANY email…I didn’t even know decisions came up until I randomly looked at the GW Admissions Twitter and saw their tweet congratulating transfer admits…I also called them yesterday and several days throughout the weeks and the adcom said decisions would come out later but then it came out yesterday around 6pm! So I would def be tentative with the dates they tell you if you call them and probably rely more on the Twitter, cause they’ll definitely tweet whether or not decisions come out. Good luck!!!

On Dec 5 they sent me an email to say ED1 decisions would come out late next week. But yeah, I saw that tweet myself yesterday and wondered if transfers had gotten a heads up via email too. Plus, it was purposefully tweeted to make EDs think it meant them and run to check the portal. You had to click on the full Twitter photo to see a tiny Spring 2018 under the logo. Maybe that was a social media test to track/time how many visits to the portal there were and how fast after the tweet went out. Lots of emails end up in subfiles and dont show up in inbox.