When do they notify you of other scholarships

S received a letter of getting the Presidential scholarship yesterday. He also applied for the Crimson Scholarship as well. When do they send out letters if they received other scholarships? S has been all about BAMA but he has been nominated by his school for the Park’s scholarship for NC State. He still has to go through the interview with NC State. If he were to get it, it would be hard to turn down a full ride.

Since it’s early in the app season, competitive awards won’t be decided for several months…so the school can see who all applied and who “deserves” those awards.

[QUOTE=""]
Park's scholarship for NC State

[/QUOTE]

What are the typical stats for a Park’s Scholar?

^ I have no clue what the stats are. I am curious though.

This year there were 39 students selected for NCU Park. that’s a lot more than Crimson.

however, both schools’ upper quartiles are an ACT 32+

^ I admit it’s kind of long shot. S’s stats are 32 ACT, 4.79 WGPA, leadership since soph year, and ranked 5 out of 279. He didn’t think he would make it through the interview at his school, but he did. His counselor states he has as good as a chance as anyone out there.

I was just wondering when they notify you if you received any other scholarships. I take it when you said several months that any other scholarships would be awarded in the spring.

Yes, competitive awards will be awarded in late winter/early spring.