When do you start paying tuition, etc. ?

<p>Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not from Texas so I'm not sure how the system works and all.
When do you start paying the cost of attendance? Do you pay before your NSC, during, after? When???</p>

<p>Actually very good question, it isn’t the same for all schools. You’ll get a tuition bill close to the start of school and it will have a due date usually the Friday before classes start. The bill will be for that semester with the exception of parking permits, sports passes & any one time charges. The next bill will be for the following semester and it will be due in January. Payment plans are also available (not sure exactly how those work, we don’t use them). If you have scholarships they are allocated per semester (so if you have a $1000 scholarship, it is automatically divided into two $500–we’ve found that to be true for outside scholarships too).</p>

<p>What are the payment options they allow? I saw your note on a payment plan, but do they offer payment by credit card? It would be nice to get some back from our reward points.</p>

<p>Great minds think alike… however, no they charge extra for credit card payments so unless you have a card that pays more than they charge, it doesn’t work. Our kids do have credit cards to use for other purchases (books, dinners, gas, groceries,tshirts, etc) so we do get rewards on those purchases… every little bit helps. </p>