When does FAFSA give grants?

I submitted my FAFSA form on November, and currently waiting for college decisions.
When will I be able to check how much grants FAFSA gives out to me?

No grants from fafsa. It’s a document to determine EFC.

You will most certainly qualify for a student loan though. And if EFC is low enough a pell grant.

Typically after you are admitted, a college will inform you of the aid package. Sometimes it happens simultaneous with admission.

Good luck.

The FAFSA determines your eligibility for the Pell Grant based on the EFC it calculates. So…what was that EFC.

If you tell us that, I’m pretty sure we can give you an estimate of your Pell Grant.

1 Like

Fafsa is a form. The colleges you are accepted to will use the info you provided on that form to determine how much aid you will get. The largest possible grant you can get from the federal government next year is $7,395. You can get less than that. You can get nothing. Depends on the need that you are determined to have. That’s money from the federal government.

A college can also decide to give you grants that come from its own funds.

When you are accepted to a college, that college will tell you how much you are entitled to (if anything) from the federal government and from the college.

Thank you! I checked an email from FAFSA and it shows the estimate amount of student loan and Pell grant.
But on the FAFSA website, it says I currently don’t have any federal loans or grants. Is it because I have not gotten accepted to colleges yet?
Will colleges send me the financial aid package after I get accepted?

1 Like

Thank you,
Do I have to apply for anything to request colleges for any grants or scholarships?

When you submitted the Fafsa, did you list the colleges that you were applying to and wanted to receive your fafsa? If so, those colleges will tell you what you are getting from the federal government.

It depends on the college. Look at the financial aid section of the website for each college.

1 Like

Yes, once accepted somewhere they will provide a financial aid package. It will show your Pell amount, work study amount, student loans, parent plus loans, direct aid from the college, etc…Those numbers will vary at each school.

Once you apply for any loans there will be steps to do on both the loan section related to FAFSA login and your college. Then the totals will appear.

You need to check the financial aid sections of each college to see. Look for scholarships and grants.

And make sure your financial aid application documents are submitted ON TIME.