when does purdue release it's decision

<p>i submitted my app on the 24th of sept and my test and transcript soon after. but on the purdue status check, it only shows that my app has been received. but does anyone know when they actually start releasing decisions?</p>

<p>try not to worry if your grades and such are any where close to where they should be...purdue is a roll over so if you applied early which you did...there is a great chance you will get in</p>

<p>Decisions will start to be posted online after 5PM on December 5th. They will not be posted earlier, and there is no guarantee a decision will be made by this date. Admission packets will start mailing on December 8th.</p>

<p>Wow! That's in like two weeks!</p>

<p>yeah it's coming up. but i don't even know if they have my transcript or my act scores...whatever happens, happens</p>

<p>i've been freaking out cause they same thing happened to me, but no worries! they said that they're still processing transcripts from 6 weeks ago since they received 7,000 applications and stuff... i'm pretty sure they received it, but i know it's nerve-wrecking until you see the DATE on that submitted column lol</p>

<p>The Office of Admissions staff is dedicated to serving our prospective students and their families. We are working overtime (even Thanksgiving weekend) in preparation for December 5, when we will begin communicating admission decisions. Although we are working as quickly as possible, from the time an application is complete, students can expect to wait 8 -10 weeks before receiving a decision. I’d like to thank you in advance for your understanding and patience as we take the time to evaluate each application thoroughly.</p>

<p>^ yeah i got that email too. so this means that not all decisions will be released on the 5th since we have to wait 8-10 weeks before receiving a decision? cause i submitted my application on nov 1st, so in regards to that email, i'll be getting my decision around end of december at the earliest?</p>

<p>hmm, i sent my application on time, and i sent my SAT scores in october. however, i'm worried about my transcript. i sent it the week of the 15th for the scholarship application deadline, so i don't know if it even got to purdue on time. does anyone know if a late transcript will eliminate you for scholarship consideration. My application check thingy says that they haven't gotten my transcript</p>

<p>they stopped rolling admissions!?!</p>

<p>I sent my application materials in around end oct. The application status check thr only shows that my app is received. I'm wondering if they had received my application materials, sigh..
Actually, Whn will they release the admission decision?</p>

<p>I received this in an email yesterday from Purdue:</p>

<p>As we approach December 5, the date we will begin releasing admission decisions for fall applicants, I wanted to take a moment to help our applicants understand what they should and shouldn’t expect that day.</p>

<p>• It is important to understand that December 5 is just the FIRST day of our release of admission decisions and that no decisions will be released before 5 p.m., E.S.T. Beginning Monday, December 8, new decisions will be released on a daily basis.</p>

<p>• If your application was completed after October 7, it is likely you will not have a decision on December 5. A completed application includes all required items, such as transcript, test score, application, and application fee (required items may vary based on student type – transfer student, for example).</p>

<p>• After a decision has been made, students who applied online can view the decision online. Letters will be mailed shortly after the decision is released online, and admitted students will receive a packet with the information they need to enroll. Admitted students also can visit Purdue</a> University - You're A Boilermaker to learn more about their next steps.</p>

<p>• All Office of Admissions staff (and even extra help from other campus departments) are working overtime to process and evaluate applications. Our focus is to thoroughly evaluate each application and release decisions as quickly as possible.
• From the time your application is or was completed, you can expect to wait 8-10 weeks before a decision will be made.</p>

<p>• If you have questions about your online application summary, please read these common questions and answers before contacting the Office of Admissions. We always are happy to help you, but the time we spend on the phone or responding to email is time away from evaluating applications.</p>

<p>We are working as hard as possible to minimize the wait for all of our applicants and appreciate your patience. I truly hope that our decision regarding your application will be one worth waiting for.</p>

<p>they say 8-10 weeks. the status check shows a 5 week difference between transcript and app, even thou they were sent at the same time. and who knows whenthey will get my "english proficency" processed. so i guess i have like 2 more month to wait...</p>

<p>Yeah I didn't even end up bothering to call them. I figured they don't want calls after I got the same email. And since so many people have also have problems with transcript processing (esp those sent by the school), I think I'll just wait it out... have some patience. I'm thinking I won't receive a decision by the end of the this year by the looks of it.</p>

<p>And dissing Admissions isn't going to make them admit people faster, though it does make one feel slightly better :D</p>

<p>But at least we (most) are all on the same boat!</p>

<p>Will they send that email to all the applicants? Thanks to suziechapstik for posting it so we can see what's going on! :)</p>

<p>^ Yes, they should. If you applied, you should have gotten that email. I got it yesterday. I expect that you'll probably get it in the next couple of days if not sooner.</p>

<p>Sighs... that means I'm not going to get a decision on the 5th. Whyyyy so slow...</p>

<p>D didn't get an email from Purdue. Online status says her application was complete on Oct 20.</p>

<p>hakuna --- all transcripts are sent by schools. every single one of them.</p>

<p>EVERYONE --- don't worry. it takes time to sort things out. you may have to wait a couple extra weeks, but being accepted (as statistics say most of you will be) is worth the wait.</p>

<p>ExplorerCY - i meant some people (in the other thread) sent them through UPS/FedEx. those transcripts were processed faster than the ones sent through regular mail. i know my school does not use the UPS/FedEx method to send transcripts, so maybe it's just an option at those high schools to use that method...</p>