When to apply to Mays??

Hello! I am really interested in applying to TAMU, but am confused about the application deadline. I visited the business school and was told that since they do rolling admissions, applying in October is “too late”. This is surprising to me, so I would like to confirm. Does anyone know more about this? Thank you so much!!!

@katydeli The deadline for applications is Dec 1, but open spots in Mays fill up as people are admitted to the university. Most of these are the auto and academic admits who apply early. In the past, Mays has been full by Nov. I personally know an top 10% auto admit who applied in Nov of his Sr year and had to chose another major, because Mays was full, so he went Agri-Business.
Since applications opened a month earlier this year (July 1), Mays will likely fill up before Nov.
Mays holds open a few spots for very competitive review admits.

@Thelma2 thank you so much for clearing that up!

@katydeli In reading prior posts, you qualify for academic admit into the university and would be placed in Mays. If you really have A&M on your radar, and Mays specifically, I would apply as soon as possible. Know that the tuition waiver has gone up from $1000 to $4000 in renewable competitive academic scholarships. https://scholarships.tamu.edu/Non-Resident-Tuition-Waiver.

There is a whole thread on this from last year. This was mandated by the state of Texas, not A&M. It is impossible to chance anyone for those. Many highly qualified applicants received them and many did not. Some competitive scholarships even came in after the May 1 deadline to accept admissions, so you will have a choice to make. Scholarship to offset the regular cost of tuition also are not plentiful.

That makes sense! Thank you @Thelma2 for your help, I’ve almost finished my app now because of you!! :slight_smile: