When will AP credits post and CS102 test out?

<p>Hi all, In degree works we still don’t see AP credits posted, is that expected? </p>

<p>Also - Son received an email from Univ Scholars program that he should not take CS102 but should take the assessment instead - he was told at BB he had to take it and so he has signed up. Should he drop it? The assessment isn’t until 8/17, not sure if he would pass it but he could probably prep for it and do okay. Of course the trying to figure out what other course to take and potentially needing to move his whole schedule around is the issue of the day. It really would be great if they could get a bit more specific advising esp when they have AP credits and are looking at dual degrees…</p>

<p>Any help appreciated.</p>

<p>AP scores will likely get uploaded into the system sometime in the next week or so. Usually by mid July they’re up …if not sooner.</p>

<p>AP scores were up for me on degreeworks. Maybe check again?</p>

<p>DS doesn’t have the latest scores loaded on DegreeWorks yet either.</p>

<p>My DD took CS102 last fall and wished she had tested instead … it was an easy A that first semester but for her, not much value added. She was not a computer whiz but some of the assignments were as simple as changing font and text sizes in Word, making a Powerpoint slide, that sort of thing.</p>

<p>Both Jr & Sr year AP work showing on my son’s DegreeWorks…that was fast!</p>

<p>Apparently New York scores haven’t posted yet, but he checked college board just to be super sure he had them sent (he did!).</p>

<p>He just got a response from Univ Scholars who told him he doesn’t need any ‘C’ courses at all as they are satisfied under the CBA requirements? So, both the advisors at BB and degree works are wrong on this? A bit unnerving, but the quick response and offer to meet with him in when he arrives on campus is a good thing…</p>

<p>Our Tx AP not up on myBAMA…off to check she “checked” the box on the scorecard…</p>

<p>Upstate, what’s your son’s major? It is correct that the CBA requirements include 2 “C” courses - everyone takes ST 260 and at least one other “C” course (my D, an econ major, takes FI 389; there are comparable courses for the other majors within CBA). CS 102 is a prerequisite for ST 260 and also AC 289, which is probably why the advisors at BB were saying he needs to take it. My D was told the same thing. But if he can test out of it, so much the better.</p>

<p>beth’s mom - he is an accounting major. That is what I thought too (that he would need one other ‘C’ course, he has the AP credits for the stat course), but the prof seemed to be saying he doesn’t need any C courses at all, but I think it was just the way we read it. </p>

<p>To be safe he has already changed his schedule, dropping it and adding LGS200 (in the evenings but so be it!). He will pursue the test out in any case. </p>

<p>Thanks for your help!!!</p>

<p>Are there tips from anyone that has tested out of CS 102? What is the test like? Is there a good way to prepare besides buying the study material from the company?</p>

<p>My DD AP scores are not listed in myBama yet either.</p>

<p>I heard that the AP scores are going in alphabetical order on myBama so only people with the last names through about C or D are in so far</p>

<p>Sarah, my sos is a “D”, makes sense</p>

<p>Waiting…only two more letters to go…</p>

<p>Can anyone attempt to “test out” of CS 102???</p>

<p>I’d also like to know about testing out of CS102</p>

<p>Looks like my S’s scores posted yesterday (you can see when they added them by the date of the last audit). We have a B last name.</p>

<p>It’s a little crazy that he is 54% done with his requirements and he hasn’t even started yet! LOL And he’s actually a bit further than that because some of the classes that are still showing as needed are classes that are waived for him, so once that is updated he will be even further along. Love AP credit. :)</p>

<p>Based on a post by SEA_tide last year, I encouraged my computer savvy son to take the CS102 test when he got to Alabama in August. I don’t think he needed it for his degree but figured it couldn’t hurt. Kind of last minute, we ordered the study materials (two weeks before move-in) and he did great. NRDSON’s take: Do the practice tests, it’s all from the practice tests. He was glad we ordered the study materials ONLY because the way HE did things was sometimes different than the way you needed to respond on the test. </p>

<p>His way was better, of course.</p>

<p>Also: He said it was easy. Free test. What’s not to like?</p>

<p>Apparently, you can either take 6 semester hours of a Foreign Language OR 6 semester hours of “C” designated courses. Dont see the correlation between the 2 types but hey what do I know. According to Degreeworks my DS is finished with this requirement since he has 2 years of dual enrollment college level Italian. My concern is if CS102 is a requirement for his accounting courses (he’s an accounting major) is the CS102 requirement waived for him??</p>

<p>NY, your son does not need foreign language credits, since he will eventually have “C” credits. He should be able to use his Italian credits toward his Humanities requirement. He will need to either test out of CS102 or take it (I’d recommend testing), since it is a prerequisite for the AC289 course.</p>

<p>DegreeWorks will probably continue to show the Italian credits as satisfying the FL/C requirement until he takes the “C” courses. DegreeWorks has some quirks - it’s a useful tool but it’s not the be all, end all by any means.</p>