When Will I Be Notified Of Scholarship?

<p>Hello, I was accepted to Alabama earlier this week and received a letter in the mail telling me I was accepted. I have a 3.9 GPA and 1400, so I know I am guaranteed for the full tuition but my parents want to see it in writing. Any idea how long it will take to get a scholarship letter?</p>

<p>Interesting thread and good question. I’m also looking for this answer.</p>

<p>Students who applied this summer have already received letters from Dr Witt so I would assume those who are applying now would receive the letters also. Formal notification occurs in March along with any other scholarships being awarded.</p>

<p>^^^^^You have to fill out the scholarship application by December 1st. You will get your scholarship and this is a formality, but you MUST complete this step. Remember the deadline is December 1st, so complete your application immediately.</p>

<p>Here is the link for incoming freshmen scholarship info:
[Entering</a> Freshman Students - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/freshmen/index.html]Entering”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/freshmen/index.html)</p>

<p>Since the deadline is approaching soon, I would email <a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a> to make sure that they have received your scholarship application once you have completed it online. Keep all email responses till you receive your scholarship notification.</p>

<p>Thanks. I did already complete the scholarship application and it was received.</p>

<p>Buffalove my D received her scholarship letter around a week after she found out she was accepted. And yes we Moms like to see it in writing :slight_smile: hopefully yours will arrive soon.</p>

<p>Congratulations and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>When I filled out my scholarship application it asked me to select scholarships for which I was applying, I did not check off any because I did not see the automatic ones (the only ones of which I could receive) in the list. Were they on the list to check off and I didn’t see them, or were they not? Thanks!</p>

<p>The automatic scholarships were not on the list; you don’t need to check them. The ones you could check were ones that only certain people qualify for. </p>

<p>I don’t recall exactly when my D got her scholarship letter. It was probably within a few weeks after being accepted. I believe the letter said that a formal notification will come in March.</p>

<p>Last year, my D received the acceptance letter in early December and it was dated December 2nd. The next day a letter with the scholarship offer arrived. It was dated December 1st. Go figure. So I think it varies but I think it happens quick.</p>