When Will I get a Decision?

<p>I sent in the priority application before November 1 and the application tracker says it has received my application, transcript and ACT scores. I still haven't heard back. Is it taking an unusually long time or are they just busy? Thanks.</p>

<p>What is the stated reply date for such apps? 1/15 I believe. So you should hear by then.</p>

<p>Hang in there and try to be patient. I know how hard it is - my son was in the same shoes last year. Some kids are hearing back, BUT it is NOT an indication of whether you will be accepted, denied or postponed. Timing is uneven - where you are in the “pile,” waiting for a guidance form or scores, or any number of things. There are numerous counselors and they vary by area. They have tons to do, and it does not always seem that there is any “definite order.” Your wait is not an unusually long wait, but it feels that way! And, yes, they are very busy.
My son applied very early November and did not hear until Jan. 15th - he was accepted! Others were reporting having heard in Nov/Dec. It was hard to wait, but he is now a happy Badger. A friend of his who is now a senior submitted everything in October this year and is also still waiting. </p>

<p>In the meantime, focus on getting excellent grades for first semester - if you are postponed, it will help you turn that into an acceptance come Feb/March. Also make sure you keep applying to your other choices and make sure you’d be happy at more than one place. Try to be patient and keep your mind on other things and GOOD LUCK!</p>

<p>Thanks so much for your response. I feel much better!</p>