When will I hear?

<p>I've heard great things about UW-Madison and it's definitely one of my top choices. That being said, I have not heard back from them yet despite submitting my application in later October; I think that my counselor sent out my recommendation on November 6th. For the last few weeks it has said "your application is being prepared for review." </p>

<pre><code> I have a friend from my school who submitted her application in September and found out in late November; another friend submitted his app around the same time that I did and found out last Sunday. However, his application status was more advanced and said, "We are checking to see if we need any more materials before we can make a decision."When do you think I might hear from them?
</code></pre>

<p>ya my status is weird too.... my app was sent like nov. 5th, and it says they have my SATs, then the next line says the "checking if we need anymore materials" line, like your friend. It didn't even say if they had the rest of my materials, so I had to call in and confirm that my application was complete.....but my status check hasn't been updated since nov. 12th so im not even sure, I think my file is just randomly sitting somewhere forgotten haha.</p>

<p>tho isn't your status ("your application is being prepared for review." ) more "advanced" than mine or your friends ("checking if we need anymore materials")?</p>

<p>and I've know people who got a decision a week after their application was complete. wth I think they are being really random with who they are choosing to review</p>

<p>This link might help explain the process, but doesn't make the wait any easier. My son applied in mid-October and everything was sent by the school by Oct 20. His status changed to a message 'an admissions officer is reviewing your application' on November 13 and hasn't changed since then. Just hang in there....if everything was in by November 15, then you'll hear by January 15.</p>

<p>Undergraduate</a> Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison</p>

<p>My status has been at something like "Your application is being reviewed by one of our admissions councilors..." for over three weeks now. I check the status a couple times a day. I am tired of not know what is up.</p>

<p>same here, applied in late Oct, dont know when to expect the decisions.its getting annoying</p>

<p>Same - I applied in late october and really want to hear back because everybody in my school is getting their early decision acceptances and it could be a month before i hear from uw. Mine has been "counselor is reading over application" for a good couple of weeks and i'm very impatient</p>

<p>I applied October 2nd and all my materials were together October 15th.... I STILL haven't heard. my application has said it is being reviewed by an admissions counselor for about 4 weeks now....</p>

<p>This is a mom speaking. Would it help if you just assume that the decision will come on January 15 (which is the date that they've promised the early apps will be finished)? Maybe just stop checking your status so often, except maybe once every couple of days, and then you'll be surprised when it is finally there. BTW, my son is in the same boat as you are, so I understand.... Many kids from his school who applied early heard long ago, so he feels pretty left out. We're in Wisconsin. Last year, 32 kids from his school went to UW-Madison.</p>

<p>haha...32..thats NOT a small number of students going to the same university.</p>

<h1>9, Mequon, shorewood? New Berlin? Or a Madison HS?</h1>

<p>Hmm probably way off, trying to guess.</p>

<p>MNBadger, I think that there are quite a few Wisconsin high schools that send a large number of students to Madison. We are lucky to have such a great resource here in Wisconsin!</p>

<p>So much so it it hard to justify applying to most private schools- why pay more for a lesser school? Keep in mind that UW admissions will have some 20,000 apps to go through in a short few months- imagine 200 new ones arriving every day... all needing the same careful attention... patience is required. Also- consider that there are many large high schools all across the state, all with UW as the best instate choice, easy to imagine many schools sending large numbers to UW every year- poster could be from anywhere...</p>

<p>I'm aware. </p>

<p>Was just playing a fun guessing game to see if I could guess since you definitely hear of the schools in the state that send delegations of 20+ students.</p>

<p>You all made it not fun. Don't leave me hanging, s1732! Was I right? Or nooo.</p>

<p>MNBadger, devulging the school would be giving too much identifying information in a public forum, right? I can tell you this much, though..... it's in Wisconsin! (but you already knew that...).</p>