When will Syracuse announce ED decisions?

I have applied ED to Syracuse, in a program with both Whitman and the iSchool. I was wondering when I would hear back from them, as “Mid-December” is quite vague. I have seen conflicting information regarding the notifications from previous years so if anyone could help me find accurate information for both this year and previous years it would be very helpful.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Per their website - b4 Jan 1

Nothing conflicting.

I have seen some people say December 15, and some people say 18th as per previous years. I know it is before January first; I am just curious as to the specific date.

When they give you an answer like that, that’s all you can go with. I would assume not between xmas and new year but don’t assume.

You say you see conflicting info. Only one source can give you info and it’s SU. There’s nothing conflicting there.

So nothing anyone else will tell you matters. Past performance doesn’t ensure future results. They still have 25 days.

You’ll know soon enough. Good luck.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

I heard that it’s usually on the 3rd Friday in December (at 5:00 pm)

1 Like

omg probs

i also applied ED. i heard that we are hearing either today or next friday!

Omg today??? Where did you hear that? My anxiety can’t take this

As for the ED release date, the website clearly says January 1. We all know the volume of ED and RD has skyrocketed for SU and all others. The 2022 Syracuse Common Data Set - CDS (on about Page 20, read this if not yet seen… https://institutionalresearch.syr.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/syracuse_university_cds_2021-2022.pdf) says that last year 1,799 ED applications were received, and 1113 admitted, with results given on 12/15 per the CDS.
Now one other clue is colleges never like to be the last to announce ED or RD. Cornell, who I grant is FAR different than Syracuse, announced today on the applicant portals that on December 15 at 7:00 PM EST, applicants can access the portal to see their decision.

Also, now that Cornell has announced 12/15, many other similar schools will do similar timing. Syracuse is NOT similar to Cornell, but still… colleges care about image, and if Cornell admissions can do a mid-December release with more than 6,000 ED applicants, I am guessing Syracuse admissions will feel the tick-tock getting really loud before or by 12/15 for their ED pool which is much smaller. Btw, Friday is a great release day as the office closes for the weekend, and the storm of emails will wait for a few days.

1 Like

Wow so over 50% acceptance rate for ED…that’s pretty good!

Some people have been saying they are releasing it today :grimacing::grimacing:

Why is that so unbelievable when in their last CDS they admitted almost 60% of students overall.

Syracuse is like Indiana, Purdue, and Pitt - in that it’s a much easier in stats/percentage wise than its ranking would dictate.

Yeah, I know that it’s by January 1, I just don’t like knowing the exact date. It’s been my dream school for forever and I just wish they would of given us an exact date instead of us having to guess on the internet

Don’t like not knowing the exact date*

Just didn’t realize it. Looking at so many schools they are all becoming a blur!

i saw someone on tik tok say that an admissions counselor said they were rushing to get all the decisions out… i’m not sure how true it is but im choosing to believe it lol

I saw that too but idk if i should believe it lol. I’m very stressed out

It’s easy to say this in this way - but the answer will be the answer whether it’s December 10th or December 31st.

Try not to be obsessed with looking every minute. Every year, there’s 2 or 3 weeks worth of daily - is it today chats - and it’s not healthy.

Go do your life - the decision will be there. Or check once a day at most.

They don’t give days other than the “by” so they have flexibility and looking at previous years is generally not a help…it’s certainly not an assurance.

And don’t forget - dream schools are often not dream schools once you arrive. They may be - or may not be (bad roomie, bad prof) - and most importantly there are many more schools out there than just SU that could be a great fit. So hopefully it’s SU but if not, you’ll find another great home - as long as you have a list that includes targets and safeties - and yes, you need to choose a safety that you’d love.

Good luck.

1 Like

The application portal actually states mid-December, and I believe prior years are good indicators (even if no guarantee). Personally, I believe the decisions will come out next Friday, Dec 16th, sometime after the office closes at 5:00.