Where are you guys staying during SOAR?

<p>Few Q's</p>

<p>Will UW provide us places to stay during the orientation?
Do I stay at hotel or something..
Are they going to tell us which Dorm we get at SOAR or before?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>You have he option of staying at Liz Waters, but you can choose to stay elsewhere (ie a hotel) at your own expense...And you should know your housing assignment before SOAR. They are sent out late May/early June so unless you have one of the first few sessions (like I do), you should know before heading up (or down, depending on where you live).</p>

<p>yep, before i head up..from CA
thanks</p>

<p>Is there any housing avaliable for International Students and their parents during SOAR from Aug 25th?</p>

<p>If you registered for SOAR online, you should have had the option to request housing for yourself and parents.</p>

<p>since orientation for internationals is so close to the start of the school year are we allowed to move in to our dorms and just stay on?</p>

<p>That is a good question. But since move-in is a very structured organized process, I suspect you will have to move in to your dorm on the same day as everyone else. You should call University Housing or email Lynda at <a href="mailto:lynda.mueller@housing.wisc.edu">lynda.mueller@housing.wisc.edu</a>.</p>

<p>Wiscydad is right! College dorms are open usually on the saturday right before the first day of class. This year it seems to be Sep. 2th.</p>

<p>Oh. I thought we could shift to our dorms during orientation. I couldnt find any option for housing of parents during SOAR. The only accomodation which you could check is accomodation for people with disabilities. I couldnt find housing option for parents during SOAR</p>

<p>then you should start looking for hotels right away..........anywhere in Madison is OK. There are plenty of taxis to get you around for the first few days till you move in.....or your parents could rent a car for a week...</p>

<p>Yea i was thinking of staying at the Campus Inn Madison. Could anyone tell me how is it?</p>