Where do you want to go?

<p>What are your top 2 UC choices? Why and for what major?</p>

<p>UCLA and UCSD b/c they are both good schools and far from where I live... sociology.</p>

<p>^ Same schools for the same reasons, but I'm a history major</p>

<p>Both for Chemistry (but having second thoughts)
1. UCLA - Urban, Prestige, Good Academics, Not dead socially, Compact campus
2. Berkeley - Close to home, Prestige, Good Academics, Not dead socially</p>

<p>UCLA-Prestige, urban, big, sports, and Asians.
UCSD-Close to beach, warm weather, prestige, strength in sciences, nice surroundings, Asians.</p>

<p>UCLA (PRe Business econ): Prestige, Sports, School spirit
UCSD (Econ and Mathematics): Location, Good school</p>

<p>Berkeley - Bay area, it's been a dream since i set foot in S.F./berkeley/bay area...
From there, it's a crap shoot...either Davis or Santa Cruz...I'd like to think i'd choose L.A. (if i got in) b/c of it's prestige factor, but i really don't like the city of Los Angeles, i think a lot of it is because i grew up in SoCal all my life.</p>

<p>berkeley, because its far from home and an amazing school where i can see myself growing and learning. minor drawbacks are the city itself and tough academic competition. really though, each school has its ups and downs, and there's a good offer waiting pretty much anywhere i go so ucla, ucsd, davis, and irvine all have my consideration.</p>

<ol>
<li>ucla</li>
<li>ucsd/uci</li>
<li>ucsb/ucb</li>
</ol>

<ol>
<li>UCSD - So Cal, good academics, weather</li>
<li>Berkeley - Strong academics, very close to home (good or bad? I don't know), prestige, Bay Area, sports</li>
<li>Davis - Close to home, Bay Area, good academics, sports, college town, love the campus</li>
</ol>

<ol>
<li>UCI-Southern California, orange county is great, really liked the campus, and it's not far from home.</li>
<li>Davis-Loved the campus, really had a college feel, and unlike UCI it doesn't totally die on the weekends.</li>
</ol>

<ol>
<li>Berkeley - I am not a fan of hippies but the academics are too strong to be ruled out (Haas etc)</li>
<li>Santa Barbara - I want to make babies with UCSB</li>
</ol>

<p>UCSB
At some point you just gotta have fun!</p>

<p>I'd say Berkeley and Santa Barbara. Both have great locations, and they aren't socially dead like UCI and UCSD. Davis is a good school too.</p>

<ol>
<li>Berkeley -- Supposed great EECS program, one of the best electrical engineering programs in the nation, prestige, liberal populace</li>
<li>UCSD -- Supposed decent electrical engineering program, Muir College sounds very interesting</li>
</ol>

<p>UCSB - It's the only UC worth going to. Well... UCLA is pretty nice too.</p>

<p>1st choice: Davis
2nd choice: UCLA
3rd choice: UCSD</p>

<p>UCLA above all else then UCSD, UCI & UCD (History Major)</p>

<p>UCLA (or Cal; I keep changing my mind) or UCSD. Both are far away from home (OOS - Georgia), UCSD b/c i'm planning on going somewhere in science, UCLA for the social life. :D</p>

<ol>
<li>UCLA</li>
<li>UCB or UCSD</li>
</ol>

<p>why UCLA? because it's been my dream school for years and years, haha. i've visited so many other schools & know a lot of students from diff UC's (especially UCLA), and i don't know. UCLA was the only place where i got the feeling of "damn, this is where i want to be for the next 4 years." haha. sounds cheesy, but it's the only place that feels right and.. suited for me! haha.</p>

<p>or maybe it's because i was raised in LA. who knows!</p>