Where should I be looking based on objective stats

<p>I'm curious as to what tier of schools my stats give me a chance at. I'm African-American, obviously. </p>

<p>GPA:3.8 UW
SAT-2070
SATII-Bio-700 Lit-740
AP-Bio 5, Lit 4, US 4, Euro 4, </p>

<p>I'm curious how far reaches colleges like Northwestern, Chicago, Duke might be. Also top LACs like Amherst, Williams, Middlebury, Pomona. </p>

<p>Are my numbers good enough to have a chance at these places? I know based on the overall SAT scores of the schools I would be around 25th percentile in terms of scores but don't know how much the URM status helps..</p>

<p>How many times have you taken the SATs? You’re numbers are good, IMO. But to maximize your chances, you should shoot for 2150+ …</p>

<p>If you can’t retake, no biggy. I still believe you have a decent shot at those schools. There are many other factors that play a role in the college admission process.
Class Rank?
ECs?
Essays?
Recs?</p>

<p>Top 10% I think I’ll be like 40~/450. I don’t really like to talk about recs and essays because I always think it’s silly when people talk about them in chance threads. I understand they play a very large role, but I was more just curious where my numbers place me. I’ve taken it twice. Thanks for your response.</p>

<p>If you’re in the 25th percentile of SAT scores and you want to know how your objective stats help your chances of getting in, I’d say not much. Your scores are solid, but a retake certainly couldn’t hurt.</p>