Where to apply for BS?

Thank you for that suggestion. We’d like something less urban adjacent. But would look at it in a heartbeat if we open up our search to day schools (which would require a move).

Yes, but remember, personnel trumps policy.

2 Likes

RE: 25 year olds at Deerfield. DA attracts a lot of athletic PGs. My son is a lacrosse player and knows 3 kids who graduated high school in '23 and are all doing a PG at Deerfield this year. Could be the similar for crew. You mentioned north shore of Boston- have you looked at Govs? Is she considering day schools? If yes, take a look at Pingree. My son is a senior there and loves it.

are they really 25 yrs old as that would be absurd?

1 Like

iirc correctly you can’t turn 20 before sept of your senior year if you want to compete in sports. Is this really happening?

Hi! Clarification: I believe this is in reference to my comment that the amazing Deerfield athletes ‘looked 25’. Based on their performance and physical presentation, these athletes were in a completely different category vs. the other boats. But no, I don’t believe they were 25 and no one should believe that.

But the point about PG students seems to be the most reasonable explanation for the difference. (Never knew about the PG/reclass angle to all of this - this world is so new to us, so thank you all for helping us newbies.)

2 Likes

Yes, my bad. I didn’t mean that they were literally 25; just that older PGs can look, well, older. LOL.