Where to eat at Purdue and West Lafayette

<p>We are visiting the campus from out of state and will be spending the night in the area. Any suggestions on places to eat on campus or in West Lafayette that will help us get a feel for the town and the campus? Where do the students like to hang out/eat?</p>

<p>thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Definitely check out Triple X Family Restaurant - it’s the orange and black building on the hill between Purdue’s Union and the Wabash/Levy/downtown area. Best burgers you’ll ever have, and it’s been on the Food Network.
The Levy area has some popular restaurants - there’s a sushi place called Oishi that’s really popular, and the Silver Dipper is a good spot for ice cream.
The Union has some restaurants in the basement - they’re more about atmosphere than taste, but Oasis is good, or try the milkshakes at Pappy’s.
Other than that, the Chauncey Hill area is a popular destination for students - it’s mostly chains, but it’s a popular place to spend Friday nights.
Near the stadium is Insomnia Cookies, which doesn’t open until about 4 pm but offers amazing warm cookies.</p>

<p>I agree with the above comment. But here are some more options-</p>

<p>Scotty’s Brewhouse on the Levy/by the Wabash river bridge, Hot Box Pizza on Chauncey Hill and Greyhouse Coffee (great coffee and hangout place) also on Chauncey Hill. All are pretty popular places and are in walking distance. Chauncey Hill also has the chain restaurants like Five Guys, Chipotle, Potbelly, Subway etc. I also recommend the Oasis, Villa Pizza, or that Zia Fresh Smoothie place, all in the Union (also has a Starbucks). There’s definitely a lot of options near and on campus, just depends on what you have a taste for.</p>

<p>I really like Maru Sushi on Chauncey. Villa Pizza at the Union is good, but pretty greasy. I’ve never tried to get in during the summer, but are any of the dining halls open? Windsor, Ford, and Earhart have some pretty decent food, and you might be interested to try it if you’re going to purchase a meal plan.</p>

<p>Edit: I second the idea of getting shake at Pappy’s :)</p>

<p>+1 on Maru Sushi. </p>

<p>Scotty’s Brewhouse and Nine Irish Brothers (surprised no one said it yet).</p>