where to get a hair cut

<p>Anyone know of a good place of where I should get my hair cut here in town. Regardless of prices, i'm looking for someone who knows what they're doing so that after they're done with me, I would be more than happy to tip. any recommendations?</p>

<p>I always got my haircut at a Barber's Shop across from Walgreens right off campus on State Street. The asian lady there always did a great job.</p>

<p>If you are looking for something a little more fancy, there are a few more places on State Street as well as a place on Frances St.</p>

<p>That's the great thing about UW-Madison. EVERYTHING is around the first two blocks of State Street, pretty much.</p>

<p>You'll need to get a ride or ride the bus, but the best barber in town is Tim Roberts at Sherman Plaza. He and the other barbers at his shop cut many local notables like Pat Richter and, if I remember correctly, Barry Alverez. He also does a great job on my husband and sons' hair as well. :-)</p>

<p>Glitchy, are you male or female?</p>

<p>I wouldn't recommend either of these options if you're trying to have a very modern, young, but mature type of style. You've gotta stay near the capital for the best styles. If you're a girl, especially I would avoid anything going with "barber" in the name. Just a suggestion, no offense intended to any of these businesses.</p>

<p>I've heard incredible things about Cha Cha's, very young, cutting edge styles, a bit more expensive. Hair Forum right next to campus on University is great--affordable but highly talented stylists. Avoid Noggins on State Street, in my opinion. They're overpriced with horrible beauty school styles. </p>

<p>If you do any kind of highlights, my stylist is award winning and she's highly regarded as one of the best in the city for color work. She's very reasonably priced also. Give me a PM if you want her name and number, I'm not sure she'd like it on here--she works for one of the salons I mentioned.</p>

<p>(This post was all my opinion. Just like restaurants or styles of clothing, tastes vary. I'm sure there are many who like or dislike those I mentioned).</p>

<p>Thanks MNBadger. I'm male. I'm sick of the simple/the usual hair cut. Everytime i walk into a barber and ask him what you think would suit me they simply say "what do you like?". Yet again, i don't want anything toooo stylish.</p>

<p>In my neighborhood the local place uses a number system for the heads of the shaver. (I'm male) I think it refers to how many inches or cm to have your hair. Does anybody know if any of the shops in Madison use this system. I just want to know what to tell them to cut it as when I go haha. I don't know exactly how short it is just my number haha</p>

<p>According to Madison Magazine</p>

<p>Hair Salon
Gold: The Ultimate Spa Salon
Silver: Aniu Salon Spa Yoga
Bronze: Styles Salon & Spa</p>

<p>Cryto--I thought you were going to Seattle today to tour Udub?? Let us know what you think. I think their campus is very nice--especially right now with all the flowers coming out.</p>

<p>Cryto:</p>

<p>That's what any barber who uses a "clipper" says. I think it is the CM for length, although it could be a different unit of measurement. Judging by your preference for that kind of cut, college barber on state would probably meet your needs.</p>