Where to live for me?

<p>I am (possibly) going to be a student at UW-Madison this fall-a transfer student entering my sophomore year. I am actually at the campus right now for a couple days checking things out and taking a tour. I was wondering if anyone has any information as to good places to live for transfer students. I am transferring from a smaller school so all of these choices are a little overwhelming for me (independent housing, off campus, apartments, transfer housing, etc.) I don't necessarily have a preference either way whether or not I live with all transfer students, but I would prefer not to live with mostly freshman. However, I would like to live around plenty of other students if at all possible so I am given ample opportunity to meet people and make friends. Also, I would like to live somewhere centrally located so I do not have to hike to all of my classes. I am an economics/business major, if that helps at all in that regard. </p>

<p>Some questions I have: Is it common for sophomores to live in dorms, or would I be one of only a few? Is it smart to live in transfer housing? Where is the transfer housing? Are there other types of housing I should know about?</p>

<p>Any specific names of dorms or whatnot would be great, as I will be exploring the campus tomorrow. I am a male from Michigan, a good student who feels academics is important but knows how to have a good time on the weekend too, if that helps at all in choosing housing. Any advice from current students, former students, or anyone familiar with the campus would be great. Thanks everyone.</p>

<p>The dorms will most likely be full for fall already- you missed the deadline; you can check with Res Halls offices, in the basement of the lakeshore dorm Slichter during usual business hours. Remember final exams start tomorrow and run through Saturday, along with all the graduations at the end of the week, so it is a busy time- people will be studying, then moving out of dorms, etc. Not a typical week on campus.</p>