where to put awards and internships in tech app?

<p>i am hitting submit later today, but don't know where I list my awards and interships. anyone help?</p>

<p>I don’t think there’s really a good place. I hate to break it to you, but they’ll probably only be considered in an edge case where your stats were identical to someone else’s.</p>

<p>Chances are that if you have internships/awards, your stats are probably pretty good and that’s what matters more than anything else.</p>

<p>An internship could count as an Extracurricular Activity. You could use the company that your interned for as the “organization” and “intern” as the membership position.</p>

<p>That the section after your SAT Test Info.</p>

<p>Many students send their resumes as well to admissions and it goes into their application file. I figure it’s like a supplement to the application.</p>

<p>I’d skip the resume. My son asked and they said emphatically ‘no, please don’t send one’. They are stat based admission where GPA, rigor, rank, and scores rule. Your essays and LORs MAY be read only if they need additional information to support an admit on a borderline candidate. If you are clearly an admit, or clearly a denial, those won’t even be read. Look at the Common Data Set.</p>

<p>You will see a much different application, like your are used to seeing for the Common App, on applications for scholarships for VT. That’s when ECs, internships, leadership, awards, etc., really matter.</p>

<p>ok thnx for the replies. I decided to use the essay prompt “tell anything additional to the admissions” to talk about why I think I am a competitive applicant. i showed that i followed my passions (by showing my internships) and that I’ve had success (awards).</p>

<p>^I know your application is already sent in but that is exactly what you should have done. Those essay prompts are there for a reason and so many students do realize it is their chance to share with VT other pertinent information. Blueiguana is 100% correct VT is very much stat base and this info will assist your app if you are on the line.</p>