Where to stay during Bama Bound?

<p>no mail, I can’t imagine what I would want to mail, I guess I could just mail it as a package? So they don’t need po box to get a package?</p>

<p>My son would say that an IHOP gift card does fit nicely in an envelope – thus, an immediate use for that post office box.</p>

<p>I just include any notes, letters and gift cards along with the package I am sending. Probably will not renew the P.O. Box next year.</p>

<p>We stayed at Wingate last week for $52 via hotwire- very nice and not that far</p>

<p>^ same here, still very nice but I worry about it going downhill. Housekeeping could use some work, missed our room 2 days in a row and there was a pizza box by the ice machine for the 4 days we were there. Still and all, very comfortable and nice hotel - great front desk!</p>

<p>For $52/night, I’ll take the pizza box–LOL!</p>

<p>I was just looking at the sample schedule for Sibling Orientation (for my younger son, age 16), and I’m afraid this event will freak him out. He’s very smart, an academic achiever, etc., but he’s also VERY shy and slightly socially delayed. He has OCD, and he occasionally has panic attacks. (He takes meds for the OCD / panic attacks, and that helps a lot.)</p>

<p>If we parents do Parent Orientation, can we just take younger son along with us?</p>

<p>Otherwise, I think we’ll have to skip Parent Orientation and just tour the campus on our own, with younger son in tow.</p>

<p>Thanks!!</p>

<p>Diane</p>

<p>You can definitely take your son with you, it’s fairly informal, a schedule of events with some choices, big meeting rooms etc. It won’t be an issue.</p>