Where to stay for two weeks?

My daughter is doing summer school and research; however, her apartment lease is up on 7/31 and the lease at a different complex doesn’t start until 8/16. What are her options for places to stay for two weeks??? What do others do, I wonder?

This is a huge frustrating problem that students deal with every summer! I don’t remember apartments not letting you move in at the first of the month when I was in school. My son has had friends who stored their stuff in the garage of a friend’s house and “crashed” on other’s couches. Another friend got an AirBnB. I haven’t heard of a great solution.

@JaceyK: Uggh. That is frustrating! Ask again at the second apartment if there is a process to pay extra or waive the cleaning of her new apartment so that she can move in early. Go up the ladder of management if necessary, the student at the front desk probably doesn’t have the authority to set up an extra early move in. Good luck!

No specific knowledge of TAMU - but you might want to reach out to the office that handles international students. Sometimes those kids face gaps in housing. Maybe that department could point you in the right direction.

My kid had this issue in another city/different college. She did an AirBnb.